LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We have collected her and are now on a site that Geoff Cox booked us into.

We were here last night as well - so we put up the awning, stripped out the old van except for food and electronics and went to do the hand over.

The new van seems enormous- yet it is only a metre longer.

VanBitz on Wednesday / Thursday and Autogas2000 on the way home. By the time we get home we should be used to driving her :)

Photos to follow after I have taken some.

PS SunLiving by Adria , Crossover M45SP. She is called Jemima, registration ends with DUX !!

:clap2: Great name

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Its what I always thought.. Size DOES matter !
Congrats on the new van !! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Here we are at Cornish Farm, pitch 36.

There are also Funsters on pitch 37 so quite a few of us here...... maybe we should have a party!!!!!

Jemima is going back to Geoff Cox on Friday as we have a small leak on the water supply, probably a popped connection at the one joint we can't get to with the tools we have with us. Hopefully not to difficult to fix.

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Here we are at Cornish Farm, pitch 36.

There are also Funsters on pitch 37 so quite a few of us here...... maybe we should have a party!!!!!

Jemima is going back to Geoff Cox on Friday as we have a small leak on the water supply, probably a popped connection at the one joint we can't get to with the tools we have with us. Hopefully not to difficult to fix.
Hi , Hope your enjoying your new van and you get the leak fixed soon! We are near enough living in ours up scotland as leeds uni are finding it difficult to get accomodation for us. At dalbeattie in the sun so things could be worse.:)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thank you Eddie and family for coming up trumps again. (Not Donald). See you in September.(y)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Not yet home!

Thanks to Joe at Geoff Cox Jemima no longer widdles when the water pump is operated - it took them less than 15 minutes to diagnose the problem, do a fix, decide the fix wasn't good enough and would "pop" again, replace the pipe, test and send us on our way (with directions to a big Morrisons with good access, parking and fuel). So we no longer have an incontinent van :)

Hope to put up photos when I have a proper internet connection :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Not yet home!

Thanks to Joe at Geoff Cox Jemima no longer widdles when the water pump is operated - it took them less than 15 minutes to diagnose the problem, do a fix, decide the fix wasn't good enough and would "pop" again, replace the pipe, test and send us on our way (with directions to a big Morrisons with good access, parking and fuel). So we no longer have an incontinent van :)

Hope to put up photos when I have a proper internet connection :)
Safe travels!

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
100_8337.JPG
100_8345.JPG

A stowaway!
100_8347.JPG

Attachments

• 100_8348.JPG
    100_8348.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_8349.JPG
    100_8349.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_8350.JPG
    100_8350.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We are home! There are now 800 miles on the clock and we are getting just over 33 mpg (as per my calculation - full tank to full tank of fuel)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Went to the weighbridge today........ she is plated at 3650 but with all the stuff that went into her and because she is a bigger van it was still a bit nail-biting......

3340 with two big adults, fully laden with bikes, food, bedding and enough pots, pans for 6 people. 3/4 tank fuel and 50 litres of water. Waste tanks empty. Both axles well within their limits so we are happy campers! Enough payload (with spare) for the kayaks and kayak gear and the grandson.

The van is six-berth, four travel seats but generally there are only two of us or two plus a three-year-old. Next week we are away with family but they will be in their own car and tent, we will probably cook in the van and be inside if the weather isn't kind.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
33mpg on a new van with auto transmission (and likely to get better) is great. Better than the smaller van which had manual transmission ...... both had Fiat 2.3, the previous van was 2010.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Puddleduck can I ask where you got your van weighed

No problem! It was at Oliver's Transport in Eccles. It's about a mile along the B6461 from the A697 on the east side of the village. Costs £8.50 for two weights so we get the whole van and back axle done. It's a flat plate weighbridge and open Monday through Friday. Nice and clean and you get a print out.

There is another weighbridge in Kelso, go past Sainsbury towards Yetholm and then take the road on the right past the agricultural machinery place and it's along there. I've never used that one so can't say what it's like or what the charges are.

I have a list sent to me by SBC a couple of years ago - attached as a text file.

Hope that helps :)

Attachments

• Public Weighbridges 2013-2014.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back