Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've just had our solar system renewed and the fitter found black leads going to the old controller that he couldn't trace back to anywhere. They were secondary to the ones going to the batteries and appeared to have no draw on them. He left them coiled under a seat beside the batteries. Today the Toad alarm failed to release the engine immobiliser when we were sitting on a motorhome service area. After fiddling with the buttons in a state of panicked ignorance it worked so we could drive off. Could the black leads that seemed to go nowhere be a feed to the Toad alarm? If not and this keeps happening how do I switch the damned thing off? We're in Spain so not easy for us to find local help.
Thanks
Mags

Nads

Free Member
Feb 10, 2017
England
Funster No
MH
LWB
Exp
4 years
The Alarm in my van has a little black button (small nipple button) mounted in the dash, if i remember correctly I have to push it 7 time to disable to alarm, I think it might be with the key in the ignition and turned. I do remember I had to get the key reset after this though, but just popped into a renault garage and they did some magic with the lock button by the interior light. I'm not sure this will help but worth a go. Hope you get it sorted soon.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I eventually found the card with reset instructions. That worked. It was a bit hairy getting stuck on the service point tho! Thanks for the reply. Will look for the button.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all. We are looking to fit an alarm/immobiliser to our transit based Hobby. The A1606 Toad system is a possibility. We would appreciate any feedback on this system. Cheers.

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all. We are looking to fit an alarm/immobiliser to our transit based Hobby. The A1606 Toad system is a possibility. We would appreciate any feedback on this system. Cheers.
We're probably not the right people to give feedback as we find it almost impossible to understand how the system works. We might just be a bit useless at this kind of thing. Hope someone comes along soon with a more informed review. Mags

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We're probably not the right people to give feedback as we find it almost impossible to understand how the system works. We might just be a bit useless at this kind of thing. Hope someone comes along soon with a more informed review. Mags
Thsnks Mags that was Mr M posting! I did tell him to start a thread but he didn't hear Me Or didn't know how!!
Glad you are sorted ! I don't want anything complicated for my tiny brain!!
Enjoy the rest of your travels!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
"Remote Control Operated Central Locking – If your vehicle already has central locking, then the alarms remote control will be connected, therefore, locking and unlocking the doors when the alarm is armed or disarmed (subject to vehicle)."
http://toadalarm.com/product/toad-ai606-interactive/

As long as it happens that way round, it's probably OK. If unlocking the doors disarms the alarm, you have a problem, because picking the Tibbe lock will disarm the alarm. Then all they need is access to the OBD port for a rapid, silent getaway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back