Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Confused here?

A frames, yes I know, discussion closed::bigsmile:

Wiring up my Jeep Wrangler for A framin and....

Simple enough, there is a wire with a plug on each end on the A frame, so a socket on the front of Wrangler wired into the rear lights, which for ease frankly I just ran back to Wrangler's own tow socket, all colour for colour/correct wiring code etc.

So, known good trailer board in tow vehicle, tests fine, Wrangler's rear tow socket, fine, Wrangler's front socket fine, connect to tow vehicle and not fine.

Stop and tail are fine but indicators, either way both on Wrangler flash together about half brightness, stop or tail flicker in unison if on.

Use Wrangler as primary, ie make like she's tow vehicle and test vehicles lights do exaclty the same.

Tryed Wrangler on another vehicle and exactly the same.

Any clues, I'm baffled at present.

For interest I even removed the flasher relay and tryed turning the indicator stalk left and right, this did make the relevant indicator slightly brighted (ignition off on Wrangler) and the dash green repeaters are two for left and right so no 'loop back' as such, like I say baffled, anyone?????:shout:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
some function will need the ignition turned on on the Jeep.....indicators being one item.

possibly an interrupted earth due to the ignition being off and the 'working' lights are earthing through other bulbs.

i had to use relay's on my vauxhall corsa due to the same problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a bad earth probably (white on standard 7 pin) or may need a diode in the towcars indicator lines so you dont backfeed the flasher relay, but less likely

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As previously suggested, just put a trailer board on the back of the toad. I did this with my Smart, no problems. An advantage is that it makes your toad look more like a trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back