to service or not to service at 2 years (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have a 2 year old fiat base and have enquirer about a service for the 2nd year and have been quoted £450 . They said it's for the 28k service but ours have only done about 8k,should it be done every year or could we wait for the 28k to be done on the engine before getting it serviced,considering it could be over the 3 years then and out of warranty?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You have been quoted way over the top for what you require,if you have missed a service already, then warranty is possibly void anyway
Find a local vat registered independent garage get an oil. and filter change inc fuel and air at least, probably the wheels off and a clean out. using genuine fiat or other aproved parts and get your service book brought up to date you should hope to be paying circa £150 tops
Geo

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
not missed a service. Had its first year service alst march.
Thought it was a lot of money for 2nd year. Cost around £170 Las year.cant find garage to deal with big vehicle in our area except Adams Morey in Portsmouth. They dealt with the recall on the spare wheel holder.so thought of them and we are close to them.
What with the hab check as well costing £178 going to cost us this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
You have been quoted way over the top for what you require,if you have missed a service already, then warranty is possibly void anyway
Find a local vat registered independent garage get an oil. and filter change inc fuel and air at least, probably the wheels off and a clean out. using genuine fiat or other aproved parts and get your service book brought up to date you should hope to be paying circa £150 tops
Geo

Thanks Geo you just saved us loads, we are getting the service done with Johns cross now at £154 +vat ....result:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Its worth the subs for this forum it really is!!!!

and thanks John cross, hopefully we get the discount but the service manager wasn't sure so hint hint Peter :winky::winky:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi. I was quoted £120 by our local peugeot dealer on Isle of Wight for 1st interim service basic oil change etc also I used a mobile habitation check bloke ,I used mobile caravan engineers as my search choice on web found local engineer who quoted £100 for hab check then checked with swift as didn't want to invalidate warrantee, they said it would be OK. I haven't looked at 2nd year service yet as as vehicle only 15 months old . Terry ( FIDGET)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back