Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
Just finished washing cleaning waxing polishing our new mh, which is a moncayo halcon on a fiat ducato 2.8jtd, standing back to admire my work :Cool:i looked up, roof hmm, ran upstairs to check out roof through bedroom window, yes you guessed it, dirtier than a coal miner on overtime, and a lot of green suff:cry: so ladder out to clean roof with telescopic wash brush thingy bout 3 metre high not scared of heights goob job, so here is my question, now the roof is clean how do i get some sort of protective coating on there without climbing on the roof being 14 stone an all that and is there any products out there.

A rolling stone gathers no moss unless its our mh::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
other than climbing on and givinga good polish and then weekly washing cant help. go and live in spain helps stop the green but then the paint fades quicker. hard life innit. cheers alan.

Upvote 0

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
how do i get some sort of protective coating on there without climbing on the roof

I send the wife up there....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
was that with or without her?lots of senoritas or roundabout girls(other thread a while ago)bet you cant leave her behind, sorry in uk and go this year.have fun ,i do cheers alan.

Upvote 0

BigJohn

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Kiveton Park, S Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile.
Exp
3 yrs long, long ago
I use a "little man" who valets the outside for me for £30. That includes hand waxing.
He uses his own ladder too.
It's no effort really - try it. :RollEyes:
And the roof is spotless.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
thestoneroller

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
Thanks all it looks like i will have to look for a little man with a big ladder:ROFLMAO:
Cheers chris::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks all it looks like i will have to look for a little man with a big ladder:ROFLMAO:
Cheers chris::bigsmile:

If you can't find one try John instead. He's a big man with a (horizontal) little ladder :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back on the point, I clean the roof of our van with a telescopic handled brush and car shampoo. Doesn't get all that mucky and I certainly don't get green stuff on it.

Graham

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
thestoneroller

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
Think the green stuff was alge, previous owner proberly parked under trees,its gone now should not have that problem again, i was hoping you could buy a spray on wax of some description having a boat as well i know that over time gelcoat can get brittle which can result in cracks eventually leading to leaks not good for your roof i will keep looking.

cheers chris::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back