to Pilote or not to Pilote???? (1 Viewer)

MET

Free Member
Jan 11, 2012
Wilmslow, cheshire
Funster No
MH
Hoping for one soon!
Exp
Hi,

We are looking for our first motorhome ::bigsmile: to be used for 3 day weekends away in UK all year round. :rain:

The problem we have is there are soooooo many different ones out there! We have a beginners budget of up to £10-15k (although less would be nice!!).
We would like a fixed or drop down double bed that can be left permanently made up. A shower is a must. Preferably a dinette rather than bench seats but not essential. A large externally accessed locker for wet kit would be nice.

We have seen a few Pilote motorhomes advertised. We liked the low profile look, i think it looks like it would be a more efficient drive?

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Is it a good make?

:thanks2:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Pilotes are a good make. :thumb: Shopping for a motorhome is exciting but scary; you are spoilt for choice, hundreds of makes and layout combinations and you want to get it right. There is an Broken Link Removedin our magazine about buying a motorhome, I'm sure that will be a big help. Buy one soon, you don't know what fun your missing. Meanwhile - Welcome to this bit of Fun :thumb: Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi. We had Pilote Galaxy 27 A class best motorhome ever, it was our 8th m/h never had a problem in 7 years , now just retired bought Autocruise Starfire 2011 already needs electric step replacing as wont go back in!!. should have stuck to my "PIGLET" ( pilote) Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
We have had 2 pilotes. Both have been very good, but not perfect (but maybe none are!) Had our last one for over 3 years. Had a few mechanincal issues, but these are peugeot rather than pilote.

Biggest annoyance was that the front had pilote colour paint over the wings/ grill rather than the standard peugeot. After 2 years (ie out of pilote warranty) this started to flake off in a couple of places. All pilote would do was to sell me some touch up paint at £50 per can (yes, £50). I tried - and failed - to match the colour elsewhere.

But this was not a serious fault, otherwise they were good.

Now have a rapido which we have had for 9 months, and done 8000 miles in. Very good so far.

Upvote 0

frenchypilot

Free Member
May 31, 2011
France CENTRAL
Funster No
MH
class A
Exp
Pilot is a good make , I have a Galaxy 40 with a Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD engine, Pull down double bunk above the drivers seat. Outside lockers on this model are not that big, only just for the two of us. I bought one because I live in France & they are made here. Enough member reports on here to stear you clear of the bad ones. Pilots are one of the really good ones.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
We are relatively new, picking up our first new van April this year. After a lot of looking we settled on a Pilote Sensation 650C, and have been delighted. Love the layout and at 6.5m it still offers a large rear locker and loads of storage inside and out. The build guilty is very good and we have so far had no issues. We used Steve and Bill at Hayes Leisure who did us a good deal. Just clocked up 3500 miles since April, Wales, West Coast of Scotland, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and small trips to the Cotswold's..love it!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Our first van was a year 2000 Pilote Galaxy 240. We still miss that van :)

We kept it for a few years, never had any issues at all.

The only things I didn't like were the headlights weren't great and the van was a little wallowy driving in wind. Looking back, we should have added aftermarket air-suspension, brighter lights and kept it. You live and learn.

If I were to buy another motorhome (I now have a van conversion), Pilote would be at the top of my list.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back