to Pilote or not to Pilote????

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by MET, Jan 12, 2012.

1. MET

MET Read Only Funster

Hi,

We are looking for our first motorhome :BigGrin: to be used for 3 day weekends away in UK all year round. :rain:

The problem we have is there are soooooo many different ones out there! We have a beginners budget of up to £10-15k (although less would be nice!!).
    We would like a fixed or drop down double bed that can be left permanently made up. A shower is a must. Preferably a dinette rather than bench seats but not essential. A large externally accessed locker for wet kit would be nice.

We have seen a few Pilote motorhomes advertised. We liked the low profile look, i think it looks like it would be a more efficient drive?

Does anyone have any thoughts on these? Is it a good make?

:thanks2:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Pilotes are a good make. :thumb: Shopping for a motorhome is exciting but scary; you are spoilt for choice, hundreds of makes and layout combinations and you want to get it right. There is an article in our magazine about buying a motorhome, I'm sure that will be a big help. Buy one soon, you don't know what fun your missing. Meanwhile - Welcome to this bit of Fun :thumb: Buying a Motorhome

3. scran

scran Read Only Funster

pilote

we have a pilote o5 reg and we love it plenty of cupboards and a large garage good luck :Smile:

4. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

BEST :thumb::thumb::thumb: german and many others well oaver priced ???
    LOOK at the prices in france much cheaper or brownhills newark as the will give you a good deal ?? :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi. We had Pilote Galaxy 27 A class best motorhome ever, it was our 8th m/h never had a problem in 7 years , now just retired bought Autocruise Starfire 2011 already needs electric step replacing as wont go back in!!. should have stuck to my "PIGLET" ( pilote) Terry

• Like Like x 1
  6. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

We have had 2 pilotes. Both have been very good, but not perfect (but maybe none are!) Had our last one for over 3 years. Had a few mechanincal issues, but these are peugeot rather than pilote.

Biggest annoyance was that the front had pilote colour paint over the wings/ grill rather than the standard peugeot. After 2 years (ie out of pilote warranty) this started to flake off in a couple of places. All pilote would do was to sell me some touch up paint at £50 per can (yes, £50). I tried - and failed - to match the colour elsewhere.

But this was not a serious fault, otherwise they were good.

Now have a rapido which we have had for 9 months, and done 8000 miles in. Very good so far.

7. frenchypilot

frenchypilot Read Only Funster

Pilot is a good make , I have a Galaxy 40 with a Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD engine, Pull down double bunk above the drivers seat. Outside lockers on this model are not that big, only just for the two of us. I bought one because I live in France & they are made here. Enough member reports on here to stear you clear of the bad ones. Pilots are one of the really good ones.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2