To Generate or not to Generate (1 Viewer)

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Hi All,

As a Newbie to MH life and taking the plunge into France this coming June, I was wondering how many of you take your own Gennies and if you do, which Model, Make and Capability?
My MH is an Autotrail Cheyenne 635SE and does not have external storage for a Gennie so I would have to lift it and store somewhere inside!!

Regards Paul

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We don't use a generator.
We prefer better batteries and a decent charging system. Every MH comes with a genny as standard, it's called an alternator! One just needs to know how to get the best from it and store the energy it provides efficiently!

We use a proper lead-acid traction battery with Sterling 50 amp Battery to Battery charger.
We have just had a 3 day break on a CL, no hookup, 4 hours of TV an evening, lights on as required and the Webasto heating running almost constantly with no need to run up our engine.

We don't like gennies personally. We had a lovely evening wild camping in Scotland spoiled by another MH pulling up and running their genny until 1030. Bloody inconsiderate we thought at the time!:Sad:

Are you sure you need a genny when travelling in the Summer? You have less need for battery power and, with all that sunshine, a solar panel might be a more social option!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The best first step is two leisure batteries. In summer in France, you will not need additional power, assuming you move a reasonable distance to recharge every four or five days. I have a Honda EU10i but use it only occasionally in winter if we need more than 3 of 4 nights (3 nights if well below zero outside).

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have a Gasparini Energy 20 LPG generator mounted under the Motorhome. This charges the leisure batteries. It does not provide 240v power, we have a 1600w inverter for that.

It is very quiet but it is still not suitable to use on an Aires as the vans are so close together. We use it if we are only doing short hops to recharge the 3x110ah batteries. Park up before the Aire for a break and run the genny to top up the leisure batteries. It auto switchs off when the batteries are fully charged. We have run it on some of the more spacious Aires when we were staying in Normandy & Brittany

When we first got it fitted I was worried about noise and as a test had it running at Peterborough show and asked the vans around us if it was bothering them and every one replied that they didn't realise we had a Genny running.

We are planning to fit 2x110w Solar panels this summer.

John

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
An extra battery will double your usage time so try this before you take the genny option, its not just the lump of a genny you need to cart around, its the fuel too. If you do buy a genny (and plenty do) consider safe storage, its best if it can be secured with tie down points, IMO it would be dangerous just loose inside the motorhome:thumb:

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have a genny.........But in the summer in France you should have no need for a genny (unless it is a bad summer) for reasons that has been mentioned above and below.....we also have a 100w solar panel and two 100ah leisure batteries this is ok from April through to October when the sun is better and higher...but if you are motorhoming early, later or through the winter, either go onto hook ups (camp sites) or get a genny ...or if you intend to stay longer on a aires, wild camping, more than two or three days with no EHU
And it is just to keep the battery topped up a 1 kw will do ..there less db(noise)... and it will need less room and lighter in Kg..less petrol needed to run and carry.
Think of other motorhomers, try and park away from people....try to run in the mid morning or mid afternoon for say 1 or two hours, just ask people around you, is it ok for to run for say one hour just to top the battery....... if there is only you on site or run it longer turn off when somebody arrives ...not in the evening when people are relaxing....just use common sense.:winky:

You could go down the road of a large smart charger for your batteries..say 25 to 40amp so you would put a lot of charge in a short period of time as most bornes on Aires have 1 hour charging...like this one
Link Removed
or less charge
Link Removed

Link Removed
Mel:thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Think of other motorhomers, try and park away from people....try to run in the mid morning or mid afternoon for say 1 or two hours, just ask people around you, is it ok for to run for say one hour just to top the battery....... if there is only you on site or run it longer turn off when somebody arrives ...not in the evening when people are relaxing....just use common sense.:winky:

Mel:thumb:

I would also avoid mid afternoon as the French don't like being disturbed while they have their afternoon nap.

John

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I would also avoid mid afternoon as the French don't like being disturbed while they have their afternoon nap.

John

Point taken John :winky::winky:

We live in France and from 12.00 mid day till 4.00pm it is like a graveyard....two hours to eat two hours to sleep off what you have eaten :winky:.....ready for the next meal at 7.00pm :winky: :winky:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Firstly I would say that gennies run at the wrong time or wrong place can be very annoying but a number of things need to be taken into account

1/ Different units and different lifestyles have different needs - we have a American 5'er and a caravan - the caravan will last 3 or 4 days on an 85amp hour leisure battery - the 5 'er will last 3 or 4 hours on 2 x 110amp hours leisure batteries unless we want to freeze or lose all the food in our freezer.

2/ Camping in its many forms allows people with health problems and serious disabilities to enjoy the great outdoors - many need power to run dialaysis machines - oxygen generators etc

3/ Many folk have mobility issues and have a need for wheelchair or mobility scooters or even electric bikes to be recharged on a regular possibly daily basis and they can ony be charged off 240v

4/ Personal choice - your style of camping may be very different to others - one chap I know is only happy camping when he is in a tent hanging on a the side of a mountain others will only camp on sites where there are bars - evening entertainment - kids amusements etc

IMHO the use of gennies should be restricted at the very worst to 9.00am to 9.00pm and consideration given to whether neighbours are still in bed etc. As we need leccy on tap we always prefer to go to CL's with EHU but that is not possible on rally fields so we run a genny. Dont forget adding batteries - etc increases weight so be carefull and the number of panels required on the roof to maintain a 5'er in use would a/ cost a fortune and b/ weigh a lot.
lots to think of I reckon

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Having the genny is one of the must haves on an RV

Firstly I would say that gennies run at the wrong time or wrong place can be very annoying but a number of things need to be taken into account

1/ Different units and different lifestyles have different needs - we have a American 5'er and a caravan - the caravan will last 3 or 4 days on an 85amp hour leisure battery - the 5 'er will last 3 or 4 hours on 2 x 110amp hours leisure batteries unless we want to freeze or lose all the food in our freezer.

2/ Camping in its many forms allows people with health problems and serious disabilities to enjoy the great outdoors - many need power to run dialaysis machines - oxygen generators etc

3/ Many folk have mobility issues and have a need for wheelchair or mobility scooters or even electric bikes to be recharged on a regular possibly daily basis and they can ony be charged off 240v

4/ Personal choice - your style of camping may be very different to others - one chap I know is only happy camping when he is in a tent hanging on a the side of a mountain others will only camp on sites where there are bars - evening entertainment - kids amusements etc

IMHO the use of gennies should be restricted at the very worst to 9.00am to 9.00pm and consideration given to whether neighbours are still in bed etc. As we need leccy on tap we always prefer to go to CL's with EHU but that is not possible on rally fields so we run a genny. Dont forget adding batteries - etc increases weight so be carefull and the number of panels required on the roof to maintain a 5'er in use would a/ cost a fortune and b/ weigh a lot.
lots to think of I reckon

For us the genny was a must have.. I use a mobility scooter as does Sue... If I could not recharge my 24v batteries I would be trapped.

I go on it to get water and take Ezzie for a walk. It allows me freedom to go round a show, or a trip in to town.

We stopped going to C& CC ..DA meets because you cannot use a genny..it is ok for those that can ride a bike or walk (I wish) .. But to me the buggy is my legs..that buggy has to be recharged at times.

Being an RV we have a 4 kw built in genny in the chassis.. It is a microlite and if you move around a circle it cannot be heard other than a motorhome parked next to us... We also have purchased a Venturi.. That is like a long put together exhaust and silencer box that a) takes the fumes up above the roof line and b) makes the sound even less.

I often also will put wind breakes around the back corner of the RV to make it even less noisy....

I do run mine at shows... But not before 9 a.m and it is never run late in the evening. The Genny allows me a lot of freedom as well as powering the built in microwave and roof aircon (fitted as standard on yanks)

So please when you condem the use of Gennies think about some of us that really need them....

Bills post covers the issues well..and makes some very good points.

But to finish off we have booked in to a show with a fair amount of other RV's then we have found the small print of no gennies.. Have asked about the situation and the organizer for the RVOC is checking for me.. You see what is the point of going to a show if I have to stay at the RV and cannot get about and see what you see and take for granted because you do not need a disability aid.. The aid in this case is the buggy or it may be my power wheelchair, if I can I only use it for a time before the battery is dead...

You can start the chassis cab battery and recharge your domestic battery.. I cannot do that.. That is not a choice for me..no PV will recharge a 24v 70 amp x 2 over night.

Two sides to every coin as they say... Of course I am for them.

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
IMHO the use of gennies should be restricted at the very worst to 9.00am to 9pm...

(as Ken would say) "Oi"!

9.00am...:Eeek:

Seriously... when I am on the road I avoid parking near to other motorhomes if possible. I like to know I can make a noise if I want without disturbing others...

Very often I am parked up on an open space with lots of room and someone rolls up and parks right next to me... now if these people knock on the door and ask me to turn down my stereo or turn off my genny (needed only very rarely) I politely suggest that if they don't like Metallica/Living End/Judas Priest or the purr of my Kipor etc... they park further away... :ROFLMAO:

Gennys are like braces... just 'cos you have a belt doesn't mean than one day you might need some braces... I am a belt AND braces man... :winky:

JJ

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
genny

Hi, We also have a Cheyenne, we have fitteda solar panel on the roof, coupled to two 125 amp hr batteries.
We did buy a genny for our months touring around Scotland last year and have to say we didn`t need it despite wild camping and not moving the motorhome for 3 nights on the run, the solar panel easily kept our batteries topped up.

We have fitted LED lights throughout, and watched a Dvd everynight, so our advice would be try two decent batteries and a solar panel before commiting to the cost of a genny.

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

(as Ken would say) "Oi"!

9.00am...:Eeek:

Seriously... when I am on the road I avoid parking near to other motorhomes if possible. I like to know I can make a noise if I want without disturbing others...

Very often I am parked up on an open space with lots of room and someone rolls up and parks right next to me... now if these people knock on the door and ask me to turn down my stereo or turn off my genny (needed only very rarely) I politely suggest that if they don't like Metallica/Living End/Judas Priest or the purr of my Kipor etc... they park further away... :ROFLMAO:

Gennys are like braces... just 'cos you have a belt doesn't mean than one day you might need some braces... I am a belt AND braces man... :winky:

JJ
Me toooo JJ.......I am a belt AND braces man.....batteries, solar and genny if needed.....you never know when it may be needed:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: JJ why do we have to shout with large type script......

Mel

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
This is only our opinion, but...............

We fully understand the need for gennies on RVs and for those with special requirements such as mobility scooters and medical equipment, but sometimes we can't help thinking that most gennies are bought to make up for the lack of performance offered by either goosed batteries or the totally useless pieces of s£*t that the industry sells us, pretending to be 'deep discharge' batteries.:Angry:

Any other off-grid Funsters agree?:Smile:

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ why do we have to shout with large type script......

Mel

It is only shouting if the post is in CAPITALS ok?

Larger text size helps people who don't have the best eyesight...

Just 'cos you are a young whipper snapper, there is no need to overlook the needs of the more mature (and wiser) Funsters...

The folly of youth hey?

JJ
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Generator all the way every time.....

We were on a C&CC local DA not long ago and i was told no generator between "X" amount of time so i only used it if needed with a few people looking at me as if i was the devil... Anyway the next day i had a knock at the door....:Eeek:

"Are you the gentleman with the Generator" I was abit curious and careful and answered "WHY"

The gentleman said the following! "My Solar panel has packed up and my caravan battery is flat as a pancake, I never paid for electric and there is no spare, if you lend me your generator i will buy you a good drink" I thought woop woop "JD" lol anyway i lent the Geny out to him and i got a free weekend as he was the Marshall for the rally lol....

So if it was not for my Generator he was stuffed so in my Generator and a Solar panel is the best way forward that way you are covered...

I need to get a Solar panel sorted as of yet as the Generator is still going strong when it breaks Solar is on the list...

Craig

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Me toooo JJ.......I am a belt AND braces man.....batteries, solar and genny if needed.....you never know when it may be needed:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: JJ why do we have to shout with large type script......

Mel

Seem's we have some funsters with poor eyesight as becoming regular now:Doh:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
from March to October, the solar panels generate enough for our needs, if we want to use the van outside of that then the length of stay may be reduced a little. If you want to use a genny then do so, just be sure you park well away from non Genny users.

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
It is only shouting if the post is in CAPITALS ok?

Larger text size helps people who don't have the best eyesight...

Just 'cos you are a young whipper snapper, there is no need to overlook the needs of the more mature (and wiser) Funsters...

The folly of youth hey?

JJ
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:You should have gone to SPEC-SAVERS JJ of coarse being the oldest silver surfer on fun:winky: I had forgotten your eyesight is not at its best nowadays:Blush:, try eating more carrots with the FRAY BENTOS PIES and a little water in the JOHN SMITHS,
So to help you I have put the reply in large type script for you,....speak to you soon JJ from a young whipper snapper of just a few months:winky:....Mel
:winky::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have not shouted as it seems your hearing is OK
Hope you enjoyed your Chinese meal. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We have survived without one for up to 4 -5 days being reasonably careful on just the single battery.

We will be doing an extended stay at Euro Disney of double that this year, so will get one for that. Not planning to go for an extended drive to top them up during the stay.

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, although we have Led lights and so on, we also have 2 x 113Ah leisure batteries and a 85w solar panel.................................:winky: But the best thing we have is a 20i Honda Generator.
It depends what time of the year and what the weather is like, and how long you stay in one place.::bigsmile:

It makes me smile some people will pay loads of money to stay on a site with Electric and have someone with a mower or strimmer going all day and say nothing, someone starts a genny and they moan like hell.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last year we were on a packed stelplatz in Germany, Jane did her washing and wanted the spin dryer out, got it out started the genny a German came over looked at the 20i Honda Generator. And 'wonderful we have the same', no one else said anything. :Smile: Bob.

Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Generator all the way every time.....

We were on a C&CC local DA not long ago and i was told no generator between "X" amount of time so i only used it if needed with a few people looking at me as if i was the devil... Anyway the next day i had a knock at the door....:Eeek:

"Are you the gentleman with the Generator" I was abit curious and careful and answered "WHY"

The gentleman said the following! "My Solar panel has packed up and my caravan battery is flat as a pancake, I never paid for electric and there is no spare, if you lend me your generator i will buy you a good drink" I thought woop woop "JD" lol anyway i lent the Geny out to him and i got a free weekend as he was the Marshall for the rally lol....

So if it was not for my Generator he was stuffed so in my Generator and a Solar panel is the best way forward that way you are covered...

I need to get a Solar panel sorted as of yet as the Generator is still going strong when it breaks Solar is on the list...

Craig

Generators are a bit like 4x4's nobody should have one until someone else needs one - I so often hear the anti 4x4 brigade muttering when I turn up in a Landy but when the weather turns bad and I am going around doing the old folks shopping - picking up their prescriptions - taking them to the doctors they are the best thing since sliced bread - when the local nurses need to get to hospital in 12 inches of snow guess who was their first choice ? The other thing is they always seem to say gas guzzlers in the same sentance ( 36mpg ??) but no one ever thinks of paying for the fuel I use - not that I would accept it anyway . Now the weather is better all is forgotten and the other day in a local shop I heard a towny say to the shopkeeper - dont know why there are so many Bl$$dy land rovers around here - I just laughed

I always try and work on the basis of live and let live - wish everyone did

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Generators are a bit like 4x4's nobody should have one until someone else needs one

I always try and work on the basis of live and let live - wish everyone did

I think that's why we get on well:thumb::thumb::thumb:
My view is that we want to be able to be independant at ANY time----we are on EHU most of the time-----the cost and weight of loads of batteries and solar panels would never be justified----but to give us power at any time (working within the constraints of 'rules') There is no option that beats our Honda 1Kw genny----it weighs the same as a battery and is well hidden, wedged in behind our drivers seat.
On a 5er you MUST have power to hook up (unless you dig out the hand cranking thing !!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:) (thats my excuse and I am sticking to it!! ) If pushed, I think we could hook up the trucks electric socket, but don't know how the wiring would cope?????.
SO for us --we always carry the genny----but don't often use it !!

Upvote 0

HeatherChloe

Free Member
Mar 17, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This is only our opinion, but...............

We fully understand the need for gennies on RVs and for those with special requirements such as mobility scooters and medical equipment, but sometimes we can't help thinking that most gennies are bought to make up for the lack of performance offered by either goosed batteries or the totally useless pieces of s£*t that the industry sells us, pretending to be 'deep discharge' batteries.:Angry:

Any other off-grid Funsters agree?:Smile:

I have had a generator fitted (by Conrad Andersen who were excellent).

The purpose is to recharge the batteries and thus enable me not to use a campsite with electric hook up.

I do have two good leisure batteries - however good or bad your batteries may be, they do need to be charged after all, and there's only two ways of doing it:

* by plugging into the electricity, or
* using a generator.

If you have a driveway at home and can charge up before you go and if you use sites with electricity, then you certainly don't need a generator.

But if like me you live in a flat and can't charge at home, you don't always want to have to use electricity on your first night away, so a generator is then essential.

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi All,

As a Newbie to MH life and taking the plunge into France this coming June, I was wondering how many of you take your own Gennies and if you do, which Model, Make and Capability?
My MH is an Autotrail Cheyenne 635SE and does not have external storage for a Gennie so I would have to lift it and store somewhere inside!!

Regards Paul
Hi, although we have 2 x 110 leisure batts + solar panel, we carry a Honda 1.0 gennie in case of emergency, in 5 years have only used it on one occasion but it's reassuring to know it is there.

On the point of storage we also have it inside the van (under fixed bed) but not wanting to sleep over a possible explosive device or carry petrol on board we opted for a lpg conversion and external gas point.

Much safer & no smelly petrol fumes:thumb:

Upvote 0

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Not having a generator will never make an enemy for you but having a generator will!!

Doug...

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Considerate use is not a problem. REALLY handy if we ever have lots of power cuts at home and after events like the Feb 2009 hurricane in France . Do not use ours much but when we do it is so convenient..... it will run my spin dryer :Smile:
As for making enemies, I am sure there is the possibility of making 'friends'. Someone in dire need of a charge WOULD be grateful.

I could akin it something else, seeing as so many find generator use anti social. There could be many places where the noise of a genny on tickover is no worse than the background noise of the world. Pull up though next to the one other person in a remote and peaceful spot and I fully agree starting it up would be very impolite.

Just like when I go somewhere, the beach, a viewpoint, a promontory where the air is fresh and clear, a :Smile: lights up my face, I feel both alive and at peace.

THEN someone 'lights up' THAT is such a rude thing to do and happens far more often than unthoughtful generator use. Jane

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Considerate use is not a problem. REALLY handy if we ever have lots of power cuts at home and after events like the Feb 2009 hurricane in France . Do not use ours much but when we do it is so convenient..... it will run my spin dryer :Smile:
As for making enemies, I am sure there is the possibility of making 'friends'. Someone in dire need of a charge WOULD be grateful.

I could akin it something else, seeing as so many find generator use anti social. There could be many places where the noise of a genny on tickover is no worse than the background noise of the world. Pull up though next to the one other person in a remote and peaceful spot and I fully agree starting it up would be very impolite.

Just like when I go somewhere, the beach, a viewpoint, a promontory where the air is fresh and clear, a :Smile: lights up my face, I feel both alive and at peace.

THEN someone 'lights up' THAT is such a rude thing to do and happens far more often than unthoughtful generator use. Jane

I AGREE Bob and Jane :thumb:

Mel

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Its everyones choice and will be different to every bodies preferred method of camping.
To all those that say you don't need one,, you having a laugh. Try camping my way and then say the same.

December or February, in the mountains skiing, dark at gone 5pm Electric blown heating, two kids with endless gaming equipment that needs charging nightly, laptop's and all.

Night time is spent using gaming stuff and watching DVD's on our 12v TV. on an aire and not moving for 10 days.

no Genny? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

yeah right :roflmto:

We have rarely used a genny during the summer, often away for 3 weeks without even taking it, instead relying on the solar panel, but in winter it is without doubt the best thing in the locker.

So to the OP, firstly decide on what sort of camping you are intending on doing, then start with extra batteries, a solar Panel to keep them charged, and then if you still find yourself looking for sites with electric hook up, a genny AS LONG AS ITS A HONDA :thumb:

The only sure thing is to ensure that you take other persons considerations on board.:thumb:

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you have to keep a genny inside bear in mind that unleaded petrol not only stinks but the fumes (benzene) are highly injurious to health, probably more so than the lead that it has replaced.

Link Removed

JayDee has had the cunning idea of having a gas tank fitted thus leaving the gas locker free as an ideal place for the genny and fuel.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back