To All the Fun Children and Parents (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Back to school tomorrow :roflmto::roflmto::yeah::wooo::moon2::moon2::party2:

Ah yes, the 6.5 week Summer holiday is over :cry::cry:

TBH

I would much have the kids here with me than at school, its been a nice holiday with no school stress,,

But hey ho,

They return tomorrow to their Free School, we are of course a few hundred pound lighter on school uniform and George begins his option years,, just how quick did that happen:Eeek:

Enjoy School, motorhome funster children (no old mo not you)

T'was the night before school started, when all through the town, the parents were cheering - a riotous sound!! By nine, kids were all washed & tucked into bed where memories of homework filled them with dread! New pencils, new folders, new notebooks too! New teachers, new friends - their anxiety grew! The PARENTS just giggled when they learned of this fright and shouted to all "GO TO BED!!!! IT'S A SCHOOL NIGHT!!! Pass this on to all parents cause "IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR" :)

:thumb::thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
beat you to it....::bigsmile:

Our grandkids back today and in 5 mins i'm logging off here and will be on the motorway heading down for Dover and onwards to Western France.....::bigsmile:riving2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
My daughter went back last wednesday. Not too bad this year only 2 books to buy (€350 worth last year). Uniform from last year will do then in the new year c€300 to find to pay for her mock A level and A level exams. And that free education Irish style.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I live on a road with a school at the end. it's bliss when the kids are on holiday with no chav parents blocking my drive.

So no cheers from me :cry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I live on a road with a school at the end. it's bliss when the kids are on holiday with no chav parents blocking my drive.

So no cheers from me :cry:
Not just us then :Smile: When we moved here 19 years ago there were very few children brought to school and picked up in cars. Hasn't half changed since.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I notice this thread about children is in the Pets section :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Are you trying to tell us something :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Remember it as if it were yesterday, it is over in a flash. My eldest Granddaughter returned yesterday for the final lap of her A levels.
She went out as 18 year olds do in a foul mood and came home absolutely elated so the new term looks ok.

She has been working through the hol's as she has for the past couple of years at The Grove Hotel Watford. 5* extremely posh and venue for many celebs including the England football team.
She was called to the HR managers office this week to be presented with a commendation from the secret diners, they book in unannounced and gave her ten out of ten for her service and attitude to customer service. Thinking back she remembers the situation when a family with two kids came in and ordered every odd item on the menu. They even requested transport between the restaurant and the hotel reception. She arranged electric vehicle transport and thought no more of it.
Since she has worked there she has had offers of both work and marriage so she has a back up if she doesn’t maintain her high standards in her education.
I’ve suggested it is a good time to source the perfect husband but she just throws me one of those looks.

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
On Sunday evening last, I found my self in a local hostelry, (not unusual for a Sunday evening) well after evensong had finished and as we discussed the ills and evils of the world, much noise of sirens was heard and blue lights were seen. ( I now know why they are called 'blues and two's)...

Police cars, ambulances etc seen heading towards some houses not too far away.

Too wet and cold to follow and find out why. But......

Today after a conversation with someone who was at the local Maqistrates court, turns out it was a 'back to school party' orgainsed by some of the relieved Mums and Dads, that got a bit out of control.

Ho Hum, its half term in October..

Peter

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Both my girls were having a paddy fit, they didnt want to go back to school, they cried, they screemed the kids would bully them, but I stood firm and told them they had to go.

....after all they are teachers:ROFLMAO:

TRUE

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sophie has been back for 2 weeks now and she reminded me its only 4 weeks till October hols:ROFLMAO:. Like you Paul id rather have her at home (dont tell her) but if i tried to home school her she would have no chance in life all she would learn is motorhome stuff:ROFLMAO:

Sophie is in 3rd year at high school and will be sitting her exams next May when she will still only be 14, when i was at school we sat them in 4th and 6th but this new system is meant to give them more time to do their highers. Not 100% sure if its better only time will tell downside being she had to make her choices at the end of her 1st year in high school.

Gerry

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Well aren't you lot lucky. I've Louise, the youngest (6), with me for the week since she has 'smacked (slapped?) face syndrome). Could soon be 'smacked a--se syndrome'. Basically, her cheeks sometimes go bright red and she has a cough/sore throat and it is very contagious. She wanted to go to school today but one of the teachers is in the early stages of pregnancy and there could be at risk of miscarriage if she got it. Now I love having Lulu, but do we think a pregnant teacher should not be in a place where there are these risks? What other ailments might pose a risk before they are detected? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Back to school tomorrow :roflmto::roflmto::yeah::wooo::moon2::moon2::party2:

Ah yes, the 6.5 week Summer holiday is over :cry::cry:

TBH

I would much have the kids here with me than at school, its been a nice holiday with no school stress,,

But hey ho,

They return tomorrow to their Free School, we are of course a few hundred pound lighter on school uniform and George begins his option years,, just how quick did that happen:Eeek:

Enjoy School, motorhome funster children (no old mo not you)

T'was the night before school started, when all through the town, the parents were cheering - a riotous sound!! By nine, kids were all washed & tucked into bed where memories of homework filled them with dread! New pencils, new folders, new notebooks too! New teachers, new friends - their anxiety grew! The PARENTS just giggled when they learned of this fright and shouted to all "GO TO BED!!!! IT'S A SCHOOL NIGHT!!! Pass this on to all parents cause "IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR" :)

:thumb::thumb:

I don't understand a single word of this post :Confused:

::bigsmile:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Well aren't you lot lucky. I've Louise, the youngest (6), with me for the week since she has 'smacked (slapped?) face syndrome). Could soon be 'smacked a--se syndrome'. Basically, her cheeks sometimes go bright red and she has a cough/sore throat and it is very contagious. She wanted to go to school today but one of the teachers is in the early stages of pregnancy and there could be at risk of miscarriage if she got it. Now I love having Lulu, but do we think a pregnant teacher should not be in a place where there are these risks? What other ailments might pose a risk before they are detected? ::bigsmile:

Ivy
Our daughter had this a few years back. We were told by our GP that it is one of the ailments that isn't contagious when you know you have it - if you have red cheeks (face, not a-se) you are passed the contagious stage.:Doh: She was back in school within a couple of days

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Paul ,
our eldest Jacob has left school now :whatthe:
He did better than he thought he would with his exams , and got 12 GCSE's :clap::hug:
Where have all the years gone.......
Hes started at the Aviation Academy at Leeds Bradford airport on Monday . He looks so grown up in his suit ( saying that he is 6ft 2 ins !) and has nearly a 1 and 1/2 hour bus journey to get there , ( and back:Doh:)

Isabel and Isaac went back to high school on Monday .
As i told you before their school is an academy now. Like a free school.
It as been for about 4 years , it was one of the first .
Isaacs doing a 2 day , level 3 , day release Mechanics course with Elite training for his option choice this year. Its taking up both options for the year though.
Hes decided he wants to be a mechanic when he leaves school , so school suggested it and are paying for everything .
Hes the only one from his school doing it , so he was a bit nervous on his first visit Tuesday but cant wait to go tomorrow, especially now he has some overalls and steel toe cap shoes and has made some new friends :ROFLMAO:

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
.......and for us parents of older children, universities, and drama schools will be starting the new term in a few short weeks! YIPPEEEE!!! ::bigsmile:

Of course, I will be suffering the effects of 'empty nest syndrome'.........finding my laptop and phone where I left them, a full fridge won't be empty by tea time, lights switched off in empty rooms, my bathroom being empty (and clean), I will have money left at the end of the week, every flat surface in the house (including the floor) will be strangely devoid of teenage debris, the washing and ironing baskets won't be bursting at the seams etc, etc,

HA! I can't flipping wait!!...... Don't tell anyone as I feel a teeny bit guilty for feeling this way........and will, of course, be very excited when the christmas break arrives!

lorraine x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back