To all that attended Newark show

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Road Runner, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I was overwhelmed by the amount of kindeness shown to me while at Newark. This was the first time away with out Bruno permanently.

It did take its toll but getting there now.

My apologies to Ray for drinking nearly all his special plonk when I ran out on friday night.:Blush:

I know I go on and on about it theirs something special about being a Funster.

Great tio meet old friends and new:thumb:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

Hello, John<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    We were hoping to meet you at Newark but, unfortunately, although we were there from Friday to Sunday we never actually got to any of the meetings. The first night we walked to the pavilion at about 9.15pm and the place was so crowded that we didn’t go in – it was a bit like a lion’s den and we were the fresh meat! <o:p></o:p>
    On Saturday we went to see the Elvis impersonator so, again, missed the club meeting. On Sunday morning we had already arranged to meet two couples from another club as they were both attending as day visitors so, yet again, we missed our chance to meet you. In fact, the only people that we did meet were Bernie (rural driver) who has an identical van to ours – a 1994 Talbot Express – and whom we had been corresponding with, Val (weekenders), who had contacted us previously and Jaws (we don’t know his real name) who helped to tune in the TV aerial for us. We suppose that’s our fault because we didn’t approach anyone else but we did put a large sign on our windscreen with our names and saying that we were MHF newbies.<o:p></o:p>
    Anyway, sorry we didn’t get the chance to see you.<o:p></o:p>
    Regards<o:p></o:p>
    Rob & Val

3. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Well you are a pair of silly billy's:Wink:

We had a hall to ourselves.

I am so sorry we didn't meet with you and other funster:Wink:

We really are friendly and signs mean nought:Wink:

Next time park next to me:Wink:

4. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

We saw the sign when we came around doing the 'Name the countries' quiz and saw your sign so knocked the door to say hello but you were out - we are all very friendly so just join in - look forward to meeting you at another meet:thumb:

5. peter H

peter H Funster Life Member

It only looked crowded in there on Friday because we were all huddled together to share the warmth.
    More bodies would have been very welcome indeed.

Peter