To all Solo

Discussion in 'Solo travellers' started by looking, May 24, 2009.

1. looking

looking Deleted User

Hi every one,I am a 72 year old straight male, been motorhoming for 40 years off and on.I dont have a motorhome at the moment for a number of reasons, but I miss it and would still like to do it. So is there any one out there that would consider takeing a companion on a sharing all expenses trip.Dont mind were we go or when.I would be willing to meet up before you say yes or no, so we could get to know each other a bit, It is much more fun if you can share it with some one so why not give it a try.
    Warm regards George. (looking)

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi George,

Welcome to Fun, there is a solo/singles section in here somewhere, havent a clue how you get in it though.

Keep posting and add to the the wit that goes on in here and join in the Fun.

Peter

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

hi George and welcome to the FUN!!!!

4. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

You stick in here with the rest of the board George.
    The solo singles don't like to mingle with us lot! Very private domain......no telling what kind of things go on in there......it's all very secretive and hush hush! Not only must you have a password which is only 'granted' after you've been 'interrogated'.....rumour has it they give these strange handshakes. :Wink:

Best stay where normality reigns (well......at least it does most of the time :Laughing:)

Welcome aboard George! :thumb:

5. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

Good luck George (no takers on the US then?)

Bullet guy... there's a meet in London that should suit you.... it's on the secret list but wth ...

it's at the locks at Bow :Rofl1:

btw it's 'solo' not so low :Doh:

6. JJ

JJ Funster

Will someone please put Bulletguy out of his agony and give me the ok to give him the password to the solo section... I will get a tiny bit stressed with any more of these digs... :)

7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Its really got to him hasn't it. I'm not giving it to him.:Laughing::Laughing: Don't offer it he will only say loudly that he does not want it. Even though we know he really does:Wink::Wink:

8. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi George, I am sorry, that your thread got hijacked. Bulletguy does not agree that there should be a solo section, that's his right. However he does not have the right to hijack and politicise your thread. :RollEyes:

:note: If anyone want to moan or dig at the new solo section there are threads about it, or you could always PM me if my box is not full. :Smile:

To all subsequent posters here, please keep this thread on topic; its about finding. George a travelling partner. :Smile: Welcome to the fun George, I hope you are travelling again soon:BigGrin:

9. Starseeker

Starseeker Read Only Funster

Hi George,

I`m divorced to and don`t like holidaying on my own, a solution possibly.... i have a campervan and a small caravan,now i was thinking i could put a tow bar on my campervan and pull the caravan,we could toss a coin who gets to stay in either the caravan or campervan,who knows we might find a couple of spare birds.I`m 57 and live in South Wales,its only a suggestion,but perhaps an answer to loneliness.

Ric.

10. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

*gives funny handshake to George & Ric*

Seems a great idea Ric, I am solo but have another 15 yrs to retirement.............hope to retire sooner (funds prevailing)

You would be welcome to tag along with me if you can wait 15yrs mate. :thumb:

Boo

11. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

i have solo status and now very content.:Wink:

Stick in there George and welcome to the site.

I make it to most of the meets and you status is of no interest to the funner as you yourself are a funner now :BigGrin:

12. Bulletguy

So do i. Don't need a password either! :Laughing:

Contented divorcee with cash now finally piling up in my Bank.

Here you go George.....Starseekers already invited you out on a date and you haven't even had to be interrogated by the SS (Solo Singles) :Wink:.

Told you to stick around on the normal board. :thumb:

13. Bulletguy

Noooooooo way!

You keep yer SS password and stay stressed out mate. :Laughing:

14. Bulletguy

Shhhhhh!!!
    Its supposed to be a secret.

15. paulharrison

paulharrison Read Only Funster

Hi George welcome to Fun, l wish l was not a solo but thats life, l lost my wife last year,
    theres a few of us on Fun in the same position and thats what the forums about, but u get the very odd Funster who is devorced and when you read there posts you wonder why dont let them put you off there the odd ones, Paul

16. looking

looking Deleted User

Hi starseeker, thanks for your offer sounds good, if you put a towbar on what would it cost, I would be willing to help, what did you have in mind about travelling, couple of weeks or months.If we did get together it would be good to meet up first and then do a couple of weeks to see how we got on, where are you thinking of going and when.
    I love life and enjoy it, but miss travelling, I enjoy new thing and meeting people so please let me know when next you are going away for a holiday. I have had a great weekend, just canoed up the stour river with my son 24 miles in 2 days, it was bloody great.
    All the best, looking.
    George

17. looking

looking Deleted User

Hi there paul, Sorry to hear you lost your wife, I am one of the dievorced, it happend 12 years ago now. But I have never been happer in my life. I dont want ever to remarry but I do enjoy the company of ladys. But then again I enjoy meeting people of all ages and trying any thing new. I beleave that life it for the living and as you get older you need to enjoy it now as there may not be a tomorrow. Do you full time or just holidays, hope we meet up one day, all the best George, looking

18. Starseeker

Starseeker Read Only Funster

Hi George,

Had a few estimates for a tow bar and they come in between 90 and 110 pounds.One guy reckoned my campervan was too underpowered to tow even a small caravan like i have,its an Avondale Wren,my campervan has a diesel engine of 1929 cc,i`ll check his assumptions,to see if he is correct.

I`m going to Ledbury next Sunday,to the Landrover meet they`re holding in Eastnor Castle,then travelling around the area for a few days,if you fancy going i`ll meet you there,other solo`s are going,so you won`t feel left out.

Ric.

19. JJ

JJ Funster

Bulletguy posts "Noooooooo way!

You keep yer SS password and stay stressed out mate. "

What's it like always being right Jim!!! :)

JJ

20. looking

looking Deleted User

looking

Hi Ric, I dont know if you got my last message,I am having trouble finding my way around this web, Would like to talk to you about your offer can you send me a em on,

boyblue1946@hotmail.co.uk

I will then get back to you. please em me even if you have changed your mind. I will then know you got mine.
    regards George