LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know a few Funsters have fitted these cheap trackers.
Basic functions work fine but I can't get the move function to work. I send a text to the tracker to enable the move function and get a reply back "move ok" but if I drive the van away I don't get any text with the position. It's supposed to send a text every 3 min to authorised numbers if it moves out of the set zone. I've tried setting it to 50m & 200m no different.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
u could try restart123456 or reboot123456 (depends which works with your unit) to make sure its back to a known state. I did a restart on mine after its internal battery went flat while the vehicle battery was out of the vehicle.
have you tried to set up a geo fence or are u just using 'move123456' 'nomove123456'. those seem to work for me.
also have u got it in armed mode?
i'm no expert so be it on your own head!

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Does the unit send you a text when acc is turned on or doors are opened I just swapped mine for the 103 B so I have a remote and forgot to authorise my no so it didn't send a text

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
u could try restart123456 or reboot123456 (depends which works with your unit) to make sure its back to a known state. I did a restart on mine after its internal battery went flat while the vehicle battery was out of the vehicle.
have you tried to set up a geo fence or are u just using 'move123456' 'nomove123456'. those seem to work for me.
also have u got it in armed mode?
i'm no expert so be it on your own head!
I'll try a restart, I'm just using move, don't you have to set up the sim for data to use the geo fence?.

Does the unit send you a text when acc is turned on or doors are opened I just swapped mine for the 103 B so I have a remote and forgot to authorise my no so it didn't send a text
Only using it in basic mode didn't connect the acc so does the move not work unless it sees a voltage on acc? The acc connection is shown in the wiring diagram but not mentioned in the instructions.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
'don't you have to set up the sim for data to use the geo fence?'
No idea i just use the very basic settings. movement on movement off without and additional parameters which sounds like what u are doing.

instructions - u have to be joking to call them that - at least what i received with mine.

set mine to arm and movement on and get alarm messages until i remember to turn the function off.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
'don't you have to set up the sim for data to use the geo fence?'
No idea i just use the very basic settings. movement on movement off without and additional parameters which sounds like what u are doing.

instructions - u have to be joking to call them that - at least what i received with mine.

set mine to arm and movement on and get alarm messages until i remember to turn the function off.
Do you have Acc connected as @wizza suggests?

I found slightly better instructions online, wiring colour code different but otherwise seems OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• tk103.pdf
    244 KB · Views: 18
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
No all i have is a + and - connection and the gps and mobile antenna connected.
The rest is for tinkering with later this year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back