Tires near Leon, Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by OddSocks, Aug 8, 2014.

1. OddSocks

OddSocks Read Only Funster

After the blow out a couple of weeks ago we have been camped up at a friends house near Leon. We have now decided to continue our tour into Portugal. Before we set off I am insisting on 4 new tires for the van!!!! The current ones are 4 years old and have done 22000 miles, but after the blow out I am not risking them!

I have had a quote from EuroMaster close to Leon for Continental tires. They say Michelin and Pirelli don't have tires in my size (215R14C) which I find odd, but that may be just a Spanish thing. (?)

Cost is a whisker under 600 Euros including balancing and fitting and tax. I think that is rather good. What do you think?

Any opinions on the tires or alternative places to get better tires would be very much appreciated!

2. chaser

chaser Funster

I think the camping tyres are only 15s and 16s, we had a blow out in lloret de mar a couple of years ago on a ldv van, one of a duel back pair, they were 14s, so we managed to keep going but when we got there we went to the Opel garage and they changed it , never did find out what they put on because it was on the inside and never had them off again but expecting to have to pay an arm and a leg was very pleasantly surprised when we went back and he charged us 80 euros all in, and they had had to get it from Barcelona (y)

3. spitfire

spitfire Funster

Have just bought 4 new tyres from Norauto here in France and paid a touch over €500 .

4. JJ

JJ Funster

I don't know which tyres you are buying but at €150 each I would want them to hum my favourite Metallica tracks as they ran along the roads...

But I might be well out of touch.

I had a choice of €60 or €80 tyres and went for the latter. GoodYears.

It was a few years ago here near Ansiao in Portugal...

JJ :cool: