Tips to make life in the Motorhome easier. (1 Viewer)

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
First night out Otley Chevin car park, we can home in the early hours after non stop cars driving in and out and a white van stopping to look through bedroom window.:whatthe::Eeek:

After weeks of worrying if the MH would fit on the drive we then had to reverse on in the dark........ Doing that is now a doddle but wasn't at the time.Apparently this place is a top dogging hotspot.

Got inside and found our clothes were on inside out.:ROFLMAO:

We didn't get a quiet night in Elgin either! Moved at 4am after white van idled about ? :Eeek:but maybe we were just sensitive.
You're lucky, we've had that happen on a Sunday afternoon when we stopped for a cuppa and a biscuit.....:Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We asked the dealer we bought the van from to fit an external 12 volt socket on the side of the van next to the water filler. This makes it easy to top-up the fresh water with an extra 40 litres, on top of the 140 litres, without having to pack things away and drive the van over to the water point and position it over the waste point.

We kept the Aquaroll from the time we had the caravan, this gives us 180 litres of freshwater. We spent 2 weeks on a site recently and didn't need to move the van, it works for us. If we only stay a couple of nights on site, then we wouldn't need to use the Aquaroll/Wastemaster.

I remember a post on here saying they thought this was silly, how some people still used Aquarolls and Wastemasters, but it makes things easier for me and I can store them in the garage under the van.

Bill

Our Autoquest came with an external socket close to the water filler and a submersible pump all wired up so we bought a 25 litre jerry can (lighter than an Aquaroll and we already had a trolley).

When the Autoquest went away to the breaker's after the attentions of Asda the pump stayed with us. I extended the lead and we plug it into an internal socket via the kitchen window in the Burstner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Definately like my microfibre towel....and remember...dab, not rub, with it :Smile:

Luuurve my Duvalay....OK, not exactly a tip, more a recommendation :thumb:

Oh...and...

...those of us with PVCs that are small enough to fit under some height barriers...make sure you've got a tape measure, just in case you find there's a barrier only on the way out of the car park :Blush:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
As a slightly more serious supplement to my earlier contribution, I have a collection of hints and tips for those venturing onto French Aires for the first time. It can be seen Broken Link Removed.

For those who prefer silly non-MH tips about life, the universe and everything, Viz Comic's Top Tips page still takes some beating (content caution for the easily offended).

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
If your on electric hook up and have a microwave get steaming bags tesco and lakeland have them, we cook veg in them (not chips or fray bentos pies) you don't need to use pans, gas, or wash them up and they cook much quicker. Saves drawer space on pans too.

I haven't tried steaming husbands underpants in them but will let you know how it goes!

Another good camping tip is to always put Baileys on your porridge.

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One tip that I learned through experience - and thanks to the kind folk on this very forum - was to carry a portable fan heater.

My gas ran out whilst in Amsterdam and I couldn't get replacements. I bought a fan heater for ten euros (what a bargain!) and it heated the MH up beautifully.

Best ten euros I've ever spent :Smile:
I see you survived then!!!! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back