Free Member
Mar 25, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hiring
Exp
New
Have hired a motorhome for the second week of the Easter holidays to head off into North Wales. Anyone got any useful tips or recommend any sites? We Will be travelling with children(9 and 13)
if anyone sees us - don"t laugh at our attempts to park or level!!!

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
:welcome: long time since I was in North Wales but do a search on here http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk its a good site for ideas. I remember a site that was just on the outskirts over Caernarfon , kids may be interested in the castle etc. Where ever you go have a great time.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Can't recommend anywhere but the tip for uk campsites will be useful.
Don't worry about looking silly as everybody has to start somewhere, there will be plenty of help offered from other motorhomers if needed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My brother hired a motorhome and I gave him lots of advice. One thing I didn't tell him, is if you have your roll out awning out, make sure one ends lower than the other in case of rain. He didn't and got a gallon of water on his head when he tried to roll it in!:ROFLMAO:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome.:thumb: If you need help just ask a fellow motor homer. Don't struggle. I don't think anyone on here would refuse to help.
Couple of tips though. Ask them to fit snow tyres and a snow plough to the front. Wave at oncoming motor homes. Stock the fridge up, beer , wine etc. food can be kept in a cool bag outside. It's cold enough. Take a couple of bandanas. The type you use to keep the sun off. They can be rolled up and used as gags if the younger ones start to moan. Seriously though. Pack some games and just have fun. Betws-y-coed is nice. :thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2::welcome::party2:

Have a great time in North Wales:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Welcome.:thumb: If you need help just ask a fellow motor homer. Don't struggle. I don't think anyone on here would refuse to help.
Couple of tips though. Ask them to fit snow tyres and a snow plough to the front. Wave at oncoming motor homes. Stock the fridge up, beer , wine etc. food can be kept in a cool bag outside. It's cold enough. Take a couple of bandanas. The type you use to keep the sun off. They can be rolled up and used as gags if the younger ones start to moan. Seriously though. Pack some games and just have fun. Betws-y-coed is nice. :thumb:

seconded::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sound advice...every word of it :thumb::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back