Tips for muddy wellies, fixing stuff to m/h walls, rodents, oven, etc (1 Viewer)

rosemaryd

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all

We've had the mh now for about six months and would appreciate your ideas and solutions for the following:

We've just returned from another very muddy trip in the New Forest. What are your solutions for storing wet, muddy boots and wet clothes. We thought we'd use the shower to hang waterproofs across with wet footwear in the bottom. We have some tub trugs for the footwear so we can just pull it out if we want to use the shower. There are four of us so with four wellies, trainers and walking boots, it's quite a lot of footwear and means we have tub trugs piled high! Also, someone knocked the shower on last time so they didn't stay dry although this time I put the shower hose on the floor to avoid that.

We also have a large dog so have wet muddy towels to cope with.

What do you do about attaching stuff to your mh? We could do with a mirror on the back of the bathroom door as I have to stand on tiptoe to see in it an the kids don't stand a chance. 'They're still at the age where their face washing is better if they can see what they're doing! I'm a bit reluctant to screw things in anywhere - what do you use?

I also want to leave as much stuff on the mh as possible although I'm currently taking bedding and pillows out as it's so cold here but I'm worried about leaving stuff like bird food on even in proper containers. It's rodents I'm worried about as we had three baby mice in our old caravan bottle box - no harm done but worse was rats in there too. Again, luckily no damage, just a mess. What do you do on yours?

We also have a gas oven with one shelf? Have used it to cook some chicken bits and it does the job eventually but it only cooks on the one shelf - anything at the bottom just does nothing. Is it worth getting another shelf or will it still be pretty useless? I've been reading threads about funsters doing Xmas dinner in their oven and can't imagine ours coping with more than one tray of stuff!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Rosemaryd

Reactions: kcy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back