tintagel camping for two nights (1 Viewer)

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
have booked to go to cornwall next week and on the thur and fri nights we are stopping at trewett farm caravan club site for £60.oo for the two nights
has anybody ever stopped at the carpark in tintagel as i believe that it is £2 all day and £3 for a motorhome to park overnight
can you do this for two nights running and is it SAFE and QUIET or should i just stay at trewett farm on the cliffs.

£60 for four off us cc or £10 at carpark thats £50 saving
saftey is the main issue anybody stopped there?

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
no breakfast

Price breakdown
03 June 2010 - 04 June 2010 : Peak Season
Pitch fees for 1 night @ £7.80 per night £7.80
4 Adults for 1 night @ £6.20 per adult per night £24.80
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 June 2010 - 05 June 2010 : Value Season
Pitch fees for 1 night @ £5.70 per night £5.70
4 Adults for 1 night @ £5.50 per adult per night £22.00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total £60.30

no breakfast in bed you have to cook your own

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Seemed very quiet when we were there last year, cant see any problems with safety the village is too sleepy!!! there were a few motorhomes there as well as us, we were at a camping and caravan cs in bude and drove there for the day lovely place huge hill to go to the beach,tongue in cheek!:RollEyes:!! there is a cl in tintagel 1 and half miles from tintagel £3 a night no leckie and buses near by called lower menadue farm trewarmett tintagel pl34 0hr 01840770884 you need to be a member though:winky:

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Was there last week car park tintagel def 3 pounds a night a couple of vans there when we were there

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I may upset a few people here but here goes
If folks carry on paying these stupid prices then campsites will keep the charges up.
I have just spent 27 days touring Spain/France/UK total camp site fees €25 most of this was for jetons for water.

Years ago when I kept a boat in a marina the mantra of the marina operators was

"we will keep putting up the charges until the pips squeak "

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
What ever you decide, I hope you all have a thoughly great time and the weather is kind.

Peter

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
Was there a couple of weeks ago ( just me so not so much) and it is a great site, right on the cliff edge. Some great walks.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Its tintagel......what can happen??

Maybe a seagull might land on your roof and decide to nick your breakfast?

Not much really goes on....just camp and enjoy!:thumb:

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
Is this not what Motorhoming is all about, staying on campsites when you want or have to or being able to park up in a car park if the opporunity is there. If the display board allows you to stay overnight, as it obviously does, then this sounds a bit like the principle of the French Aires (without the obvious water,electricity services) to encourage visitors to stay local and perhaps spend some money in the local town.

Enjoy, and with some of that dosh that you save spend a little in the local shops :winky:

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
You can stay as many nights as you wish at the car park. You will have to punch in your Reg: No: when getting your ticket. I usually park right at the back end of the car park away from the mainstream. Note the times of overnighting which shows up on the regulation board.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back