Tincas on Tour...........again!!! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Many thanks for your account of your journey, which I know can be a bit of chore to write up at the end of a long day. But if I may, and this means even more work, can I ask for more pictures! :)

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Happy memories of being in Burgos and the Elephant Park with you last time you were there. Safe journey home - and hope to see you soon!

:drinks:
Hi there Roxie,
Naturally being here brought back happy memories of traveling with you two and also the lovely day we had with you both in Dartmouth. See you soon at Carfest South.......

The Tincas

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Good morning DBK,

We currently have a fairly good Wi-Fi connection at Burgos so will upload some more pic's for you later today.

The TIncas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have really enjoyed reading about your travels as well. We will try to be more adventurous this year when we go to Spain. One of our sons is working for Berlitz in Madrid so we now know how easy it will be to stay near Madrid and just travel in.

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A birds eye view of the camp site near Las Negras in the Cabo de Gata. Barren, beautiful and great for walking.
IMG_1895.JPG

Gibraltar as seen from the aire at the marina. A 10 minute walk gets you across the border.
IMG_1899.JPG

A typical "courtyard cafe" in Cordoba where the Moorish influence is everywhere.
IMG_1915.JPG

A view of the gardens in the Alcazar in Cordoba to give an idea of the scale of the layout.
IMG_1919.JPG

We seem to spend a lot of our time doing this.....................
IMG_1855.JPG

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
24th February

Well here we are at the elephant park just south of Santander, and at the moment its pretty quiet. It is 16:35 so there is time enough for more campers to arrive, but as I type this there are only 5 vans here which is a lot less than this time last year. They are extending the cable car system over the animal enclosures so maybe the building work has put some people off. As far as we are concerned we are happy to spend a night here again with the elephants, water buffalo and assorted antelope. We have parked with the hab door facing the lake and its a lovely quiet evening to reflect on the trip. We had planned to visit less of Spain and Portugal this time but to spend longer in our favourite locations. Despite that we have clocked up just short of 3000 miles so far and we will have exceeded this by the time we get back to Sunny Deb'n. Our Christmas and New Year was in Portugal and then we spent the bulk of our time between Malaga and Estepona with excursions to Cabo de Gata and Gibraltar. The weather has been really kind to us and with the exception of a few wet days in Portugal we have had plenty of time in the sun. First time visits to Malaga, Cordoba, Toledo and Madrid have been very successful as well as return visits to the likes of Burgos which we love. As usual the trip has been enriched by the people we have met along the way, as well as the memories of previous people encounters triggered by re-visiting the places where we met them last year. Our camper is riding a little low at the moment due to the amount of falling down water we purchased at the Hipercor at Burgos and we will enjoy sharing a glass or three with our friends when we get back home.

As always the real star of the trip is not the people, the food, or the wine but our little piece of home on wheels that enables us to spend so much time abroad in the winter. Other than the lights going out in the loo he has not put a tyre wrong on the whole trip........I wonder where he will take us next?

The Tincas

P.S If anyone wants the co-ordinates of any of the places we have visited or any more information of any sort just let us know and we will be happy to oblige.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for posting your blog and photos. Loved reading it and you obviously enjoyed it ! (Kept me amused waiting for the mystery of the lamppost episode!!) lots of very useful details of places and sites.(y):sun:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back