LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
had new timeing belt done today 300q BUT very lucky it had come loose on one side

I caught my wife's in the process of disintegrating. First came the belt noise (which she said had been going on for weeks). I stopped when the water overheat light came on (presumably the pump wasn't turning by then). I got towed back and had a mobile mechanic change it.

He said he hadn't seen anything like it. Strands of backing peeling off, teeth loose, etc. But it had kept the camshaft turning and that's all that matters! He doubted it would have gone another 10 metres without banging valves into pistons.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I caught my wife's in the process of disintegrating. First came the belt noise (which she said had been going on for weeks). I stopped when the water overheat light came on (presumably the pump wasn't turning by then). I got towed back and had a mobile mechanic change it.

He said he hadn't seen anything like it. Strands of backing peeling off, teeth loose, etc. But it had kept the camshaft turning and that's all that matters! He doubted it would have gone another 10 metres without banging valves into pistons.
your wife has a cambelt and warning lights????:Eeek:

wish mine came with warning lights or an instruction manual:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back