Free Member
Apr 25, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660Sl Bestline
Exp
Hello all

Been a member for a while now and found MHF fantastic for research and advice before buying new (to us) Hymer B660 SL Bestline in March 2017. Had a few mods and additions carried out since and have been on a few short trips to test out before we (being me -David, Wife - Jackie and large hound Mungo) embark on overseas jaunts. Apart from thinking it's about time to stop lurking in the shadows, I also wanted to share recent experiences of a trip to see Eddie and the team at VanBitz - not that they really need any more glowing reviews but here goes anyway:

Booked and took our Hymer B660 Bestline to VanBitz to have a a Growler alarm with the NON-Starter MT GSM option fitted as well as a Victron Multiplus inverter/charger and bank of additional leisure batteries. I could bore with all the details but in short-form our experience was as follows

1) Decided on VanBitz after many conversation with Ash, James & Eddie as I was impressed with how they listen to what I was trying to achieve and their evident expertise. It also helped that they have some great customer reviews on MHF.

2) Growler and Non-starter fitted without a hitch, but the guys discovered some previous unknown and unwelcome mods to the electrical system which set some unexpected challenges when it came to installing the Victron and additional batteries. Suffice to say the VanBitz team went the extra mile working late into a Friday evening to get everything sorted.

3) All round fantastic customer service, all at what I considered to be an excellent price and the added bonus of a couple of nights at Cornish Park which we and Mungo (the dog) loved.

Summary: It's a perfect 10 from me! Excellent pre and post sales advice, great products, superb customer service and the commitment and expertise to sort out problems if and when things don't go exactly to plan. I suppose you might find someone offering a similar solution a little cheaper, but in my case I'm pretty sure that if I'd had a-man-in-a-van installing on my drive I'd still be sitting here with a broken Hymer!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi David,Jackie and not forgetting Mungo.w2fnice to here of your great experiences so far,continue to enjoy the forum and your secure! Van.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3:

Sounds like a great van, and great service at Vanbitz!

Enjoy. (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: David and jackie, welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the FAQ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back