Time to pick your brains peeps!! (1 Viewer)

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Well, we are about a month away from our first real adventure in our new toy! 2 months round trip starting from South Costa Blanca taking in Lyon, Geneva, Prague, Warsaw, Belgrade (question mark on Bulgaria & Greece at this point as it means coming back thru Belgrade) Venice, down the right hand side of Italy, round Sicily back up the left hand side of Italy then back chasing the sun around the south of France and back home.
My question is quite a simple one really (he says laughingly), any recommendations for cheap aires, sites or wild camping (through personal experience) in any of the above areas or very close by?
I have all the guides, websites etc etc BUT as I found last week in Denia, some of the site personnel are more interested in getting your booking than actually mentioning the fact that the 30ft RV you have just booked in would have the sides scraped by the over hanging trees and bushes on the way down the lane and assuming you are good enough to actually get the thing thru the gates, you then have to be a bloody contortionist to get to the pitch!:Doh::Doh:(I actually attracted quite a crowd on the way out, thank Christ I managed to creep it thru first time or I´d have looked a right clown :thumb:)
So, any recommendations for easy access sites etc would be greatly appreciated guys.
Thanks in advance
Trev

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry cant help, but if you'd like a banksman/spotter for the narrow lanes and pitch access guidance i dont need much bed space, a large through locker will do, and can feed myself. :thumb::roflmto:

OP
OP
T

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Thanks for pappa, if I had a euro for every offer of help I´d have paid for the holiday by now!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Trev,
I cannot help with aires, but can offer a couple of recommendations :thumb:

1) Avoid the immediate vicinity of Rome.. It is pretty grim as far as crime goes.
However, it is a beautiful city and worth visiting.. Sooo.. Plot up at some where like Aprilia and take a train.
The trains in Italy are wonderful ! Cheap to use and spotlessly clean.

2) Try and take in Croatia. The place is fabulous !!

3) The whole of the Italian and French Riviera coast line is VERY expensive.. I would suggest you forgo the dubious pleasures of the playgound of the rich and famous and move in land. Yes, it is pretty good, with great beaches, but my goodness is EVERYTHING over priced !

The southern inland areas of France are amazing !! Fabulous sights, grub, people and lots of places to stay either cheaply or free

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back