Time to dive in!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Zains Pops, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

Hi all some advice would be appreciated please, I have decided to buy our 1st motorhome....:BigGrin:the question is should I buy now in the autumn/ winter or wait until early 2014. The issues are: we will not be able to really use the van until spring due to upcoming commitments. Are prices lower now? Will natural depreciation make a difference over 4/5 months do prices rise in the spring? Do more mh's come on to the market in the spring ?

Any views would be appreciated..:thumb:

2. jb0371

jb0371 Read Only Funster

Take the time to research exactrly what you need.

2 words when buying a mh

Layout
    Compromise

good luck

3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Welcome to Motorhome Fun , good advise from jb., research in the time you have find out what you want from the van how much storage will you need , outside tables chairs barbie etc.

If you are planning to buy second hand I would not think you will loose much in the value if you were to buy in the winter, only new ones loose there initial value quickly, have a look at Jims book on buying a motorhome, could be a good help.

4. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

As above... :thumb:

But like a lot of leisure trade, it must drop off in the winter when people have other things on their mind, like Xmas, etc...

So I should imagine for the purchaser who has the cash, it would be a better time to strike a good deal.. :thumb: