Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi all. thinking of a change of motorhome to a van conversion. been looking at timberland and they seem to be a good quality van with a high spec compared to the more well known makes. does anyone out there own one or have any knowledge of this conversion. they seem to use the Renault master as the base vehicle, your thoughts and experience would be helpful.

Jan 14, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726G
Exp
since 2014
I have no idea about timberland MH, all I can offer is my experience with Renault, I`ve had a 2005 lwb van (not a MH) from new. 3.0ltr 140bhp, and apart from the usual consumables it was perfect its done 300,000miles until last December when the cam chain snapped, its beyond economic repair, shame as the chain is not on any service schedule, if it was I`d have done it and reckon it'd do another 300k.
However, I rented the new shape (was a 2016 model) 2.3 125bhp for a few days and quite frankly was disappointed, they have changed the cab considerably, the seat does not adjust as much as the earlier model, "squab" adjustment is no longer available, the gear lever has been moved further down the dash so now my knee is constantly pressing against it (I`m 6`2") there is not much room for my left foot to rest when not working the clutch.
Driving was ok but I found the gears too close together, first was a joke, very, very short. So much so, I wont be replacing mine with the new Renault, I have a fiat Ducato MH, driving position is great, very happy.

So, to finish, I`d recommend you maybe try before you commit, even if that means hiring a panel van and have a day out doing as much driving as you can fit in to get a proper feel for it, you may find it perfect for you.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We looked at Timberland, and were impressed by the apparent build quality.

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the base vehicle.

Good luck!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Had a Timberland Endeavour 2009 from new. Renault bit..We now have a Wildax Europa on a 2014 Renault from new,Love it. Things wrong with the Timberland.In the shower room,it had a tip up sink...the tap to the sink pulled out to double as the shower....... There was no catch to hold the sink partially closed,so one hand held the sink up(Could not be closed,as the shower pipe stopped it fully closing) then there was nowhere to hang the shower head up while showering,and being as i don't come from Norfolk,i only have two hands.
Three other niggly points,first one,paperwork "Oddities" second,Eberspacher (Diesel night heater/Blow torch?) was On or Off and noisy,last but not least,the cupboard fastners left a lot to be desired.
Well built ? Yes,would i buy another ? The paperwork bit would be trawled through,NO night heater/shower/ bits "As was"
The Wildax,is the same PVC,beds a bit longer,shower is superb and the latches stay closed,so check out the Timberland,if all the above has been changed...Get it bought.
Tea Bag
PS. Had an A/sleeper Broadway EK New . A/S bit ok,didn't like the Peugeot bit so it went,also had loads of night heaters in/on lorries..THATS where they come into their own,when sharply slants the sleet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back