Thunderbird? (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi guys I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my emails and its been fine but just come back off holiday and went to check emails and it came up with this;

Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features.

The hard disk is new so not full, and I'm not sure what the rest means HELP??:cry: By the way my phone has downloaded all my emails no problem.

Last edited:

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Could be many things.

Are you logged in to the computer with the same account which you always use to read your email?

Have you used a programme recently to clean up old files or "streamline" or speed up your computer?

Have you deleted anything from your C: ?

Sounds like there is missing information which it expects to find in your profile. Not sure what, or how it could have gone missing.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Could be many things.

Are you logged in to the computer with the same account which you always use to read your email?

Yes

Have you used a programme recently to clean up old files or "streamline" or speed up your computer?

I have CCleaner but cannot remember the last time I used it?

Have you deleted anything from your C: ?

Don,t think so:Doh:

Sounds like there is missing information which it expects to find in your profile. Not sure what, or how it could have gone missing.

Thanks for replying i have googled it and had a look on the Mozilla website and did a couple of things but to no avail so far:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back