Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
After spending our first few nights in the new van (Bessacarr 442) we can't praise it enough, it's been smoother to drive than the old Bolero, the end bathroom has been a huge plus point and the lounge/ kitchen space has been ample for us and the 2 hounds, can't recommend it enough, just thought I'd big up the British, after all they get enough stick don't they :)

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Glad to hear the vans good, go enjoy it.

I would look at British but none of them make either an A Class or double floor vans, both preferable if your a serious skier while using your van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rotella

Free Member
Jun 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2016
We have just bought a 454 2016, its our first van and love it. Had a few problems with grey waste and clean water drain pipes but nothing too serious. Off to France next week :)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Great to hear that you are happy with your van (y)
Can I just ask?.....storage lockers, does it have any? I'm sure we looked at this model and wondered where we would put our chairs etc.

Rotella

Free Member
Jun 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2016
Yes it has one at the passenger side at the rear. It is accessible from the outside or by lifting the fixed bed on hinges. Plenty big enough for our table, two chairs, wind break, BBQ, tool kit, hoses and cables and more. I also use the gas locker to store toilet fluids in.

Chris

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi,we've got a 2 year old 484 ,love it , nice garage room for us 2 and asbo, in france now on 2nd week,at chaumont sur loire on the banks of a very swollen loire, sun and showers .

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Great to hear that you are happy with your van (y)
Can I just ask?.....storage lockers, does it have any? I'm sure we looked at this model and wondered where we would put our chairs etc.

Hi Lisa
As said we store our chairs, levelling ramps, dryer for washing (twirly) and all the leads and hose pipe etc in the lockers, there's a bigger one on the o/s which you can get to from the inside or outside and a smaller one on the n/s, we also make use of the gas locker for storing the toilet fluid etc. The space inside is fantastic, we particularly like the large end bathroom.
Dave

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We have just bought a 454 2016, its our first van and love it. Had a few problems with grey waste and clean water drain pipes but nothing too serious. Off to France next week :)

Glad to hear you're getting on well with it (y)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Always good to hear people say they are happy with there new van enjoy

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi,we've got a 2 year old 484 ,love it , nice garage room for us 2 and asbo, in france now on 2nd week,at chaumont sur loire on the banks of a very swollen loire, sun and showers .

Hope you're all having a great time, how long are you away for?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hope you're all having a great time, how long are you away for?

Hi date, back on the 27th, now at great free aire in lailly en val,beside nice lake free water .Weather changeable odd shower then bright sunshine.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi date, back on the 27th, now at great free aire in lailly en val,beside nice lake free water .Weather changeable odd shower then bright sunshine.

Sounds lovely mate, enjoy the sunshine and just wear a coat in the rain, it's only weather :)

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
After spending our first few nights in the new van (Bessacarr 442) we can't praise it enough, it's been smoother to drive than the old Bolero, the end bathroom has been a huge plus point and the lounge/ kitchen space has been ample for us and the 2 hounds, can't recommend it enough, just thought I'd big up the British, after all they get enough stick don't they :)

We've got the Swift Esprit 442 (same thing different trim) love the layout and the driveability of the van. I agree lets Big-UP British

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We've got the Swift Esprit 442 (same thing different trim) love the layout and the driveability of the van. I agree lets Big-UP British

I didn't realise they were the same until I saw one the other day, love the layout, we can lounge in comfort and the dogs have so much more space, and you can actually move in the bathroom :D

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
So pleased to see you're enjoying your new motorhomes and enjoying the best of British built, we have a Burstner, it was the best we could find for us at the time, but our youngest son works for Swift building the Bessaccarr and Swift here in South Yorkshire and I can see how much pride they take in there work, the quality is second to none, I know I'll be buying British to replace mine next they have come on leaps and bounds.

Bulleteer

Free Member
Jul 14, 2016
Dromara, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
We just bought a new Bessacarr E442. We pick it up on the 1st August. Can't wait to get it and find the comments above very useful. We will post some comments after our first trip.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We just bought a new Bessacarr E442. We pick it up on the 1st August. Can't wait to get it and find the comments above very useful. We will post some comments after our first trip.

Hope you enjoy your new van as much as we have, you must be counting down the days :)

Bulleteer

Free Member
Jul 14, 2016
Dromara, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Yes Dave, can't wait. One question for you, is your 442 a 2015 model? The one we are buying is also a new, albeit, 2015 model. Our dealer told us that the only differences were the bike rack mountings and the solar panel, both of which he is fitting for us. I did not recall seeing an Omnivent in the kitchen area of our van, although, this is shown in the 2015 brochure issued in late 2014. Do you have an Omnivent in your van? I may have to ask him to fit this if it should be there!

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Yes Dave, can't wait. One question for you, is your 442 a 2015 model? The one we are buying is also a new, albeit, 2015 model. Our dealer told us that the only differences were the bike rack mountings and the solar panel, both of which he is fitting for us. I did not recall seeing an Omnivent in the kitchen area of our van, although, this is shown in the 2015 brochure issued in late 2014. Do you have an Omnivent in your van? I may have to ask him to fit this if it should be there!

We do have a vent in the kitchen area ceiling, it's not an extractor but a pop up roof vent, there is also one of these in the lounge area ceiling, and ours is a 2015 model (y)

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
We have had our Bessacar E795 from new (2007) and have been delighted with it! Very good quality

Knotties

Free Member
Jan 4, 2015
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 484
Exp
Since2011
:cry:Hi all
I'm new to this forum and found some interesting reads, this one caught my eye as I bought a new 2016 484 in April I however don't feel the love for the workmanship of my new purchase I've just had a rust spot repaired on the cab, and the van is going back in to the local swift dealer for a whole host of repairs, I love the van and had some great trips home and abroad but I'm disappointed with the finish and the amount of double sided sticky tape that fails when the weather is hot.
Kev.....:cry:

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
:cry:Hi all
I'm new to this forum and found some interesting reads, this one caught my eye as I bought a new 2016 484 in April I however don't feel the love for the workmanship of my new purchase I've just had a rust spot repaired on the cab, and the van is going back in to the local swift dealer for a whole host of repairs, I love the van and had some great trips home and abroad but I'm disappointed with the finish and the amount of double sided sticky tape that fails when the weather is hot.
Kev.....:cry:
Sounds like yours was made on a Friday afternoon. .. :(
As generally the build quality is good.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sounds like yours was made on a Friday afternoon. .. :(
As generally the build quality is good.
Do they build them all on a Friday?
Mine wasn't very well built either.
Wouldn't buy another.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Mine was basically OK , the main problem was / is the dirty water outlet pipe ,it leaks all the time ,it appears to be plastic joints just pushed together (not glued ) & a small length of flexible hose, the joint's are difficult to get at , too put right , as they are right up against the spring hangars & chassis. So what's a little puddle between friends !!!

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Mine was basically OK , the main problem was / is the dirty water outlet pipe ,it leaks all the time ,it appears to be plastic joints just pushed together (not glued ) & a small length of flexible hose, the joint's are difficult to get at , too put right , as they are right up against the spring hangars & chassis. So what's a little puddle between friends !!!
Is fine just join the " oh my grey pipe is leaking again ?? " group ^^

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Maybe :) what parts are made bad ?
For me it was the body itself - but I guess that's a pretty big part of the van
But for the BIG picture you should check out the Swift support forum
It's a bloodbath over there

Knotties

Free Member
Jan 4, 2015
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 484
Exp
Since2011
Unfortunately I've seen the swift support forum and it doesn't make very good reading.
The issues with my van are being rectified under warranty it's just an inconvenience its not stopping us getting out and doing what we bought it for.......Oktoberfest shell island this weekend :drink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back