Thule Omni Single Step Slide-Out - HELP ! (1 Viewer)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Am wondering if any of the wise ones on here are able to shed any light on this problem i am having with our electric step : It retracts as it should when engine starts but the problem being is : it also retracts any other time too, sometimes in small stages, it can be fully extended and within a couple of minutes it can be halfway back in the housing, an before you can look again its fully retracted back in, i have took it apart about a month ago but nothing changed, then today i really took it apart :LOL: and discovered that when the step is fully out - if you just flick this switch (white in the pic) down the step starts to retract in (but only in incriminents) obviously the more you touch this ( fridge door light switch ) the more it retracts in.
But even when messing with the step while its been unbolted from the van - but still connected to a live feed - i can hear the relay in the fuse box where the fuse is for this step keep making a clicking sound - even if i remove the fuse for the step the clicking continues... Anyone have any idea or similar problem of what is failing ?
P1080142.JPG
P1080149.JPG

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi. heres the wiring dig for the type of step you have...
20170227_211435.jpg

the white switch you have been playing with is the one marked S2 on the drag... its purpose is to open the relay coil circuit on the self close relay (the one in the dig with the capacitor in parallel with the relay coil..
hope that helps..
andy

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
just had a quick read of your post again..
if your step is retracting when the engine isn't running then you have either a faulty switch, or the self close relay must be sticking...
pressing the white switch in should open the relay coil circuit and cut the supply to the motor retract wire i.e. (orange wire).
andy

OP
OP
Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Thanks so much, greatly appreciated ;)
After closer inspection of this white switch it looks like its not sealed as it probably should be, the one side of it has like green algae down it where it supposed to be sealed, so am thinking maybe damp has got in to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Thanks so much, greatly appreciated ;)
After closer inspection of this white switch it looks like its not sealed as it probably should be, the one side of it has like green algae down it where it supposed to be sealed, so am thinking maybe damp has got in to it.
the white switch may well be sticking or be faulty, but you said that your step closed slowly or intermittently when the engine or ignition were not on (or thats how i read it ) so the motor has to be getting a feed from either the step switch or the self close relay depending on how it is supplied i suppose.. so I'm thinking its not just that switch thats the problem...
hope you get sorted..
andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back