• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Thule 916 E-Bike carrier. Tow ball mount.Quality for heavy electric bikes (1 Viewer)

Hurricane

Free Member
Feb 23, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Since 2014
I have decided to sell my towball mount bike carrier as I no longer use it. It has had little use since I bought it. Details about this great carrier for e-bikes Below. Buyer would need to arrange own courier or collect. Looking for £250 They are are expensive carriers and are currently selling for about £360

The EuroPower 916 is specifically designed to take electric bikes. Electric bikes are wider and heavier than conventional cycles so Thule have developed a bike carrier that can take heavier and wider bikes (up to 30kg each). It's a decent bike carrier and has a foot operated tilt function accessed from the front of the bike carrier, near the lights - that's a major plus point. The tilt mechanism allows you to open the tailgate without removing the bikes, which is often very useful.

This bike carrier is supplied largely preassembled, and clamps onto the tow ball. It is suitable for all types of tow ball.

The bike frame holders are lockable and are easy to move to make loading bikes much easier.

An optional ‘Loading Ramp 9151’ is available to make loading and unloading much easier, just wheel your bikes up the ramp.

Other specifications and technical info:

• Max load capacity: 60kg (tow bar nose weight limit permitting)
  • Weight: 17.9kg
  • Fits frames 22mm to 80 mm
  • Fits wheel sizes up to 2.3”
  • The upright can be folded for easier storage, e.g. it's often important to be able to put a tow bar carrier into the boot of the car, depending on where and how you're parked.
  • The 916 comes with a 7 pin five function lighting system.
This bike carrier is not designed for vehicles with a rear door mounted spare wheel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back