Throttle only Tricycle for use in France/Spain - Thoughts! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Ever looked at a Batribike trike with a tilting frame? You control it with a lever on the handlebars so the frame is rigid when you get on and off, but tilts when you are on the move so there is no pulling to one side or balance issues cornering. Mrs theBass has one and after she got used to it absolutely loves it to bits. That was after she shot off too quickly the very first time she used it, hit a road sign, bent it and fell off. All of this within the first 30 yards before she had even got off the grass verge on to the road.......

We tried one of these...I couldn't manage it comfortably, Ginny struggled without even moving it!

We've ended up with the City Trike from Powered Bicycles in Long Eaton. Still not the easiest thing to ride but once you get over the natural two wheeled cycling instincts it gets easier. Road camber being the biggest hurdle. But we've bought it for use mostly on the continent, cycle paths etc and will get her about in Benidorm just fine! It's peddle assist but also still has a throttle despite being a brand new bike. To be honest she still needs a throttle so pleased it has one.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Why not go the whole hog and get an automatic Boom Trike 500cc ... brilliant .. you will be the envy of many. :)

I did try that tactic Movan...or one of those nice little three wheeled jobs, you know, that have two wheels at the front! At least with this Ginny still will get some exercise and it will be ideal just meandering along the prom at Beni ;).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
OK have you got a photo as I'm looking to use one in place of my mobility scooter as bikes are faster and go further

This is the one. I've been riding it also the past few days and the more I do the easier it is to ride once you forget your not on a two wheeler!

Link Removed

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
I did try that tactic Movan...or one of those nice little three wheeled jobs, you know, that have two wheels at the front! At least with this Ginny still will get some exercise and it will be ideal just meandering along the prom at Beni ;).
Will look out for you on the prom! Should get there Dec 30 th . Be good to catch up !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Will look out for you on the prom! Should get there Dec 30 th . Be good to catch up !

If not riding and keeping fit and healthy we may be parked up visiting a watering hole ;). Be nice to see you both again also (y).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back