Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have been with 3 for about 5 years. Coverage is generally very good, certainly no better or worse than the others. 4g works well where it is available, otherwise 3G works fine.
As with all networks, there will be black spots away from civilisation.
The biggest benefit of 3 is the ability to use it abroad as part of your allowance

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I use both 3 network and EE in my mi fi and prefer EE as it gives 4g more often so faster browsing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
As above --- I've been with 3 for years and never had a problem.
The fact you can use your mobile in Europe with no extra charges is brilliant - save me hundreds every time I go abroad.

I pay around £12 for 600 minutes and 1Gb of data it always seems to be all I need.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you're looking for UK only one have a shuftie at Tesco Mobile, we pay £7.50 a month for 250 mins and 500mb data, 5000 texts and that includes a new phone on a 24 month contract, if you have more than one on the contract you each get a 'perk' so we get 400 mins each for the same price. We've got the Alcatel Pop 4 and it's a brilliant phone.

In addition Tesco are probably going to be allowing use abroad during the summer school holidays, similar to Three's FAH, which is a good bonus.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
If you're looking for UK only one have a shuftie at Tesco Mobile,

Tesco PAYG is pretty good to use outside the UK for calls as well - very similar costs to 3 PAYG and no limit on days abroad. We switched to it after 3 blocked roaming on our phones after a couple of long trips. Still use a prepay 3 data sim in our mifi for internet access though as Tesco not as good on data.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
My personal choice for some years now :
For data three network
For phone Toggle mobile .

Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
yep, have 3 literally, contracts with Three One for son, missus and myself. As we all have different uses, the terms of usage vary. I'm paying £10.00 a month for unlimited uk calls and texts, and 3Gb data. Son has a really old contract based on data use, missus limited data, calls and text. My only mistake was not having the Three abroad this time as I didn't think I would be going abroad, now I'm off to the States for three weeks later in year. I have used the Three abroad from Europe and Hong Kong, so was really useful, so will get an amended contract for when I'm in America. I'm happy with my contracts, but I do review them every year, we all use our own phones and that works. Coverage is good and I have never experienced outages, but again I suppose that depends where you live. Hope this helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back