LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Three (3) mobile on Feel at Home service starts today in Spain. Who's going to report on its coverage first? Not me I have Spanish contract mobile internet, but we like to know how things are moving forward.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'll tell be able to tell you in 3 weeks. :)
My main worry is we will be near the Portuguese border for a while and I need to be sure it won't log onto a Portuguese provider as that would be very expensive.

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Lots of interest from us as well, off to Spain for all of May and want to be able to log in to MHF whist we are away. SOOO have got the 3 sim card and are going to try it out, hopefully will be some feedback before we leave?
LC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I'm at Ribemar ACSI site near Alcossebre. I'm on PAYG, have turned on roaming and converted to a £15 package just a while ago. I'm on Movistar network, no message from '3' to tell me I'm on Feel at Home or anything, will leave it on today and see what my balance is tomorrow.

The connection etc is pretty good, far better than the site WIFI. Fingers crossed, it's OK and not costing an arm and a leg! Dave

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Davidandginnys post refers to Movistar, there are other providers in Spain, Orange and Vodafone to name just two, I await confirmation who has partnered with 3 in Spain. The first Funsters to confirm gets a free welcome drink when turning up at camperstopsierraespuna. Please bring proof to obtain this one off offer.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Davidandginnys post refers to Movistar, there are other providers in Spain, Orange and Vodafone to name just two, I await confirmation who has partnered with 3 in Spain. The first Funsters to confirm gets a free welcome drink when turning up at camperstopsierraespuna. Please bring proof to obtain this one off offer.
We plan to stop at Sierra Espuna but it probably won't be until May or early June. I suspect your prize will have been claimed by then!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have just spoken to my mechanic in the UK on my 3 phone via Yoigo, and I can confirm that it works free of any roaming charges to the UK.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks Snowbird, you are our prizewinner, just arrive at the Camperstop between now and 2/04/2015 together with your mechanic to claim your prize. Thanks to all who entered but we are sorry there can only be one winner this time.

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012

I am on three and got Movistar 95% of the time in Spain between January and March. Service was good, though I hardly used it because feel at home hadn't started.

Dave

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks Snowbird, you are our prizewinner, just arrive at the Camperstop between now and 2/04/2015 together with your mechanic to claim your prize. Thanks to all who entered but we are sorry there can only be one winner this time.

Erm, I think I will pass on your kind offer for a couple of reasons. The first being I have no idea where camperstop is and the second, no one has ever bought me a drink in my life. Am not about to change that now.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are at La Linea and have mobile internet with 3 in the UK. Just tried to log on in the van via Yoigo and zilch, so currently in the local football club bar using their free wifi. Will try again later.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Good news! (y)

I've risked a couple of calls home and some texts and it's coming off my add on :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This has been discussed before I think but can it be topped up when you are outside UK? There is a problem with cards I believe being authenticated. Secondedly, how long do top ups last? Is it just a month? I've looked on the Three website but couldn't find anything definite.
I am going away for two months so working out how to use it for that period is important.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
The add ons last for 30 days but represent excellent value. I managed to top up my account using my registered card wi

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The add ons last for 30 days but represent excellent value. I managed to top up my account using my registered card wi
That makes sense. If you have a card registered with them any authentication should happen within the UK. I just need to register a card - tried today and it refuses to take my post code. Apparently I live near St Austell according to Three. Wrong County, but close!

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
  • Broadband - Pay As You Go + 1.
    Stock levels:
    In stock.
    Estimated delivery date:
    Fri 3rd April
    Pre-loaded with 1GB and valid up to 30 days. Topped up and ready to go.

1GB data

Valid for 1 month

£10.49 upfront cost.

• Broadband - Pay As You Go + 3.
    Stock levels:
    In stock.
    Estimated delivery date:
    Fri 3rd April
    Pre-loaded with 3GB and valid up to 3 months. Topped up and ready to go.

3GB data

Valid for 3 months

£20.49 upfront cost.
  • Broadband - Pay As You Go + 12.
    Stock levels:
    In stock.
    Estimated delivery date:
    Fri 3rd April
    Pre-loaded with 12GB and valid up to 12 months. Topped up and ready to go.

12GB data

Valid for 12 months

£70.49 upfront cost.

• These are the pay as you go sim plans/prices from the 3 website.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got the 3GB starter pack, "valid for three months" except top ups are only valid one month it seems. I have also read on the Three website itself that topping up when outside the UK is problematic. Probably deliberate as they don't want it used by ex-pats!
But good to hear from d and g that they have topped up from places where the sun shines, so to speak.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I am led to believe that overseas usage is restricted to 3 months in any on year, we currently have two SIMs and use them alternately when we are out of Spain. (Home)

Reactions: DBK

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
All the above is gobbledegook to me. I have my 3 mobile on contract. I use my phone to speak to people. It does what I want it to do. It allows me to use my monthly allowance in Spain to speak to people in the UK using my UK allowance without roaming charges. I do not need or want a free beer for this information. I give my time and knowledge freely as am retired. If I was going to charge for my time, it would be VERY expensive.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I'm on a data only 10gb 30 day rolling contract, £15pm, think it's still available.
Actually thinking for upgrading to a 4g 2yr contract, as so much faster (if you can get coverage)
£20pm for 15gb, which seems reasonable, free mifi dongle too (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am led to believe that overseas usage is restricted to 3 months in any on year, we currently have two SIMs and use them alternately when we are out of Spain. (Home)
That's as I understand it but I have also heard they may not be too rigorous applying this, but given usage is likely to increase now Spain is included things may perhaps change. Depends if their Spanish partners think they are losing business!

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Its all becoming clearer now, shame that the Free Drink Offer :LOL:(April 1st ) didn't get understood by all. But the reason for posting was to get some information circulating that would benefit visitors to Spain who need a Data connection at a reasonable rate. Feel like home is in my opinion a great step forward in providing Cheap data and calls Worldwide. Let's hope it continues to grow.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry bit dense on these things, if we buy a contract it looks that it comes with the Huwaei wi-fi free and do they also provide a SIM card?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Its all becoming clearer now, shame that the Free Drink Offer :LOL:(April 1st ) didn't get understood by all. But the reason for posting was to get some information circulating that would benefit visitors to Spain who need a Data connection at a reasonable rate. Feel like home is in my opinion a great step forward in providing Cheap data and calls Worldwide. Let's hope it continues to grow.

Now if you had offered these
IMG_20141117_115050.jpg

You might have had a different response :D

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Sorry bit dense on these things, if we buy a contract it looks that it comes with the Huwaei wi-fi free and do they also provide a SIM card?

I dont know about the contract side of it as to cost but lots of MiFi units on ebay new or used and buy a Data Sim Card for various time spans
I have one in my Tablet and was a lot cheaper than at the three store,but go with what you feel at home with .:) And yes works fine in France cant say about Spain not been this Year yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THREE-PAY...902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c6abde91e

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Was told in Three shop my 12 month data sim will stop working after 3 months in a country. Move to a new country and the 3 months starts again.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That's a very good idea. Given the problems I am having at the moment trying to register a card to mine I think I will just buy another sim with 3GB valid for 3 months.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back