Three FAH mifi has just stopped despite more data left on (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I was half way through ordering one when I realised they ask for your phone number so I can't get my son to activate it for me can I?
Doesn't this mean they have to be used by the same phone ? I can't activate it in England

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I was half way through ordering one when I realised they ask for your phone number so I can't get my son to activate it for me can I?
Doesn't this mean they have to be used by the same phone ? I can't activate it in England
Surely that's just in case they need to get in touch about the order?
Although I didn't get mine from My Memory, I gave Three my home number connected with the delivery address. Each sim card has it's own mobile number, not the phone or the MiFi, so they can be activated in any compatible device.

HTH,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks
So it doesn't need to be activated in
the UK?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks
So it doesn't need to be activated in
the UK?
Now then Jac, that is the question. ;)

Some (Three) say yes, and many who have activated outside the UK, will say no. To be on the safe side, I'd get your lad to activate them both, before sending out to you, especially if you are likely to be away from the UK for more than four months. Or, as an experiment, get him to activate one, and if it gets blocked, activate the other wherever you are, but you need to have the roaming settings "on".

Cheers,

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I started a 12 month sim only contract 3 months ago.In the uk. If i use it and it stops working here in spain after 2 months,will it reactivate back in the uk to continue using my contract. ?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It's all very confusing.

If I buy a couple of cards I don't want to activate the second, stand by, card until I need to, as the 12 month clock could start ticking ages before I want to use it.
If I can activate it anywhere it would be so much better.

Trying to get the full T & C's from the '3' website is like swimming through treacle. The links just take you round and round the website but I can't find out if cards need to be activated in the UK.

I do know that phone packages including 'Feel at Home' have to have 30 days UK use before taking abroad (at least they did when I started mine) but does the same apply to data sims used in a MiFi?

There has been loads of chat about the sims but no definitive answer to this question that I can find.

Confused of Suffolk.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
The other question us can't we just buy a data sim for the Mifi in each country we go to?
The phone data I bought from German Telekom on line called itself a hotspot but wasn't ....

Deleted User
It's all very confusing.

If I buy a couple of cards I don't want to activate the second, stand by, card until I need to, as the 12 month clock could start ticking ages before I want to use it.

Trying to get the full T & C's from the '3' website is like swimming through treacle. The links just take you round and round the website but I can't find out if cards need to be activated in the UK.

I do know that phone packages including 'Feel at Home' have to have 30 days UK use before taking abroad (at least they did when I started mine) but does the same apply to data sims used in a MiFi?

There has been loads of chat about the sims but no definitive answer to this question that I can find.

Confused of Suffolk.

I have activated several 3 PAYG Data only sim cards whilst in France.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks yes we do
So the question is can we put a German data sim card in our
three Mifi? Apparently the three ones are all unlocked
Will try and find a phone shop with a good English speaker assistant !

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
A sim for a mifi is different to a sim for a phone. Sorry if that's been said already but the phone one definitely won't work in a mifi. We have a 3 sim pay monthly in the phone and two 12g sims for the mifi. We've been in Europe 6 weeks and just changed over the mifi sim as it started to slow down. Apparently they throttle them after a while. Will swap them back later.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We asked in Germany about wifi sims just before the 3 FAH started up there. The cost was prohibitive. We found free wifi at Tourist Info Offices and used that for our wifi needs until they switched on FAH. Germany is surprisingly behind other European countries for 4g.
Good luck in the European wifi minefield. ;)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We asked in Germany about wifi sims just before the 3 FAH started up there. The cost was prohibitive.
I had the same experience, even though I was already a T Mobile customer at the time. The T Mobile assistant couldn't believe that I was getting internet access at home on my UK sim for around €3 for 5 x days, or €6 for 30 x days. :eek:

Cheers,

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All very confusing posts, if you have a mifi thingy that you have had a three data sim in , all you have to do is get another three 12 gb data sim somehow , either get someone to send it you or see if mymemory will send you one , seeing as they come from Switzerland I don't see any problem, stick it in and you are done(y):)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It's all very confusing.

Confused of Suffolk.
I think you will find it has to activated and used in Uk for 60 days prior to using in Europe.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think you will find it has to activated and used in Uk for 60 days prior to using in Europe.
No it doesn't , think that might be the case with phone cards but not data. Did it last month.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No it doesn't , think that might be the case with phone cards but not data. Did it last month.
When I say did it last month , I mean take it to France and just started useing it.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Mine was activated a couple of days before I left the UK, and I used it in France, Switzerland, and Italy, during April/May this year.

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back