"Three" expand feel at home plan to include Spain! (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes I've got the old "One Plan" with unlimited tethering, if I'm allowed to use that it will be great. But I bet there'll be a clause or two somewhere I've yet to read.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The account I have has always said no tethering..
It has never stopped me yet !

Yes but I do over 100gb a month, you could only really do that tethering so I guess they'd soon notice it

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The no tethering, if it worked and was applied, would put me off this deal.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Yes I've got the old "One Plan" with unlimited tethering, if I'm allowed to use that it will be great. But I bet there'll be a clause or two somewhere I've yet to read.
No tethering allowed, and yes they can tell when you're tethering. We certainly can with our customers.

From the Feel At Home T&Cs
  • If you have All-you-can-eat data you can use up to 25GB. If you have All-you-can-eat texts you can send up to 5,000 texts. If you have 3,000 or more minutes included in your allowance you can use up to 3,000 minutes.
  • Numbers that start with 070, 09 and 118 directory services.
  • Feel At Home is designed for UK residents who are on holiday or business trips abroad, not for extended periods abroad.
  • You can't use your phone as a personal hotspot (tethering) while you're abroad.
http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

Full book of the Roolz here:
http://www.three.co.uk/Privacy_Cookies/Terms_Conditions?content_aid=1220482374514

hertsmas

Free Member
Jan 7, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Currently there is the offer from EE also , EE Extra plans include phone and text within Spain and from country to country, a great deal for calling but I dont like long contracts. Also EE Sim only plans are not included so the EE isnt cheap. A a bit of a swizz in a way :) , you have to buy data add on with EE too so it doesn't match Three by any means , but also has its advantages. The Three option will be miles cheaper for sure. You will struggle to tether on the Three whilst roaming and get away with it plus it wont be very usable , it will be much slower on the 'roam' due to the way it works.

They are all starting to do this because they are putting things in place for the no euro charging rules and maybe are poaching what customers they can before it all becomes irrelevent.

Cheers

Mas

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
"They are all starting to do this because they are putting things in place for the no euro charging rules and maybe are poaching what customers they can before it all becomes irrelevent."

I agree absuloutely with this.

We will wait to see what offers come up before we leave uk next year after the summer. Only on pay monthly now.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
we all moved from T Mobile to Three after many years..simply because they are intransigent and don't listen. As I live in London I now have 4 G for a pittance. I have a large mini tablet phone a Acer S2 Liquid..and can do most things on that, so not to bothered re tethering, although it would be better if it was allowed. but hey ho you cant get everything can you, there is always a catch....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm not holding my breath that roaming charges will be abolished at the end of this year. Addie put a link in his recent newsletter which explained that further agreements within the EU are required and things were not looking positive.

Here's the link: Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

hertsmas

Free Member
Jan 7, 2015
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
I must agree with Beekeeper , i think we'll all be waiting along time for this to happen. I have no doubt it will but how old I'll be before it does is another thing :)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Does any one know what the situation is on three if I ring someone abroad who is also on feel at home plan please

Who gets charged what, if anything at all...

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I ve been using three 'feel at home' data sims for the last year.
Its been good - got a signal allmost everywhere Ive tried it.

But its supposed to have a 1 month limit on use in other countries.

I havent been in qualifying countries long enough to see what happens when you exceed the month. Has anyone else tested it?

Jon

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Jim I'm sure you'll know that One Plan has come to an end at the end of your contract and the terms and scope are changed markedly in favour of the provider not us!

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I ve been using three 'feel at home' data sims for the last year.
Its been good - got a signal allmost everywhere Ive tried it.

But its supposed to have a 1 month limit on use in other countries.

I havent been in qualifying countries long enough to see what happens when you exceed the month. Has anyone else tested it?

Jon

Don't think that's true...it was discussed on another similar thread and consensus was it's not limited to a month on the" Feel at home" plan

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good news we use Feel at Home in our mifi router. Used it in France and Italy last year it was perfect never failed to get a signal. (y)(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No tethering allowed, and yes they can tell when you're tethering. We certainly can with our customers.

Hmmm A good reason for me and my lot to avoid 3 then !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And as that is where I am a good percentage of the time...... :D

To be fair, I did try 3 a while ago and the true reason I cannot use them is that I get virtually sod all signal at home..
Like Tescos Mobile, the only way I get any service is to stand on one of the sheds in the back garden ( this is absolutely true :eek: )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back