Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can is ask Rory, and Jumar please,
1.What's the best deal on a PAYG 3 sim?
And,
2. Does it need to be used in the UK, before going abroad to one of the countries listed in their "At Home" scheme?

Cheers,

Jock. :)
I would advise checking it works in the UK before you leave. Easier to sort out any problems. And if it is payg make sure you have registered your card with them. I found you can only do this by calling them despite the facility on their website to do it online.

I have also read you can't top up when outside the UK. I did it in Spain last week so this may no longer be true.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Everything answered for me Jock, PAYG 3gb about £20 lasts 3 months, top up as and when. Not possible in Germany, yet.
Enjoy your travels.
I would advise checking it works in the UK before you leave. Easier to sort out any problems. And if it is payg make sure you have registered your card with them. I found you can only do this by calling them despite the facility on their website to do it online.
I have also read you can't top up when outside the UK. I did it in Spain last week so this may no longer be true.
:thanks3:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
How do you log in to orange when it's a 3 sim card? I thought they were different companies? I'm interested as I have 3 and an orange sim, I expect to use my 3 'at home' from Sunday as I'm going to France and I'm interested how I'll use it.

We are using our 3 Dongle here in France and it is logged into Orange- it connected automatically and seeing as its the same price as in the Uk who is going to complain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just got home 5 miserable hours from Dover always seems harder coming home.
Definitely need to phone 3 and get away from home activated first time after the first time it always works.
Forgot this my first trip and it didn't work.
Its all I use now when travelling or free wifi if available, not prepared to pay for wifi nowadays.

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you have a 3 contract with all you can eat data you can use 4Mb per month from your allowance when abroad (that's what my contract says)

Just checked again on the 3 website, it's not 4gb it's 25Gb. I was wrong regarding tethering abroad you can't do it, but as stated previously it seems that if you tether in short bursts it is not detected.
Extract from the 3 website:
Unless you’re in a Feel At Home destination, using data abroad is always excluded from any inclusive allowances or Add-ons you have, and our control your spend blocks don't work when you're abroad, so you'll be charged for using it in megabytes. All-you-can-eat data can't be used abroad, again unless you’re in a Feel At Home destination, in which case you can use up to 25GB of data. Find out more about Feel At Home.

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Just got home 5 miserable hours from Dover always seems harder coming home.
Definitely need to phone 3 and get away from home activated first time after the first time it always works.
Forgot this my first trip and it didn't work.
Its all I use now when travelling or free wifi if available, not prepared to pay for wifi nowadays.
@Forestboy I read on the 3 website that your phone is already enabled for overseas use, are you saying we need to phone them before we go to france on Sunday?

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Mine just worked too..... didn't ring 3....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back