Three adds more European countries to feel at home (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Worth remembering that from June next year ALL UK networks will be "at home" in all 28/27 EU countries with all roaming charges abolished. That is of course if we are still in the EU :)

Dick

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
In "Foreign Parts?" or Just UK?.

Pete
Should have mentioned.... in France. So I'd guess in any Feel At Home country. Its definitely a data only SIM tho....no calls or texts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Let's hope so, phoned them up a week ago they said not until the end of September.
The sooner the better, however, isn't it a good marketing ploy by Three, and well ahead of the competition? (y)

Which countries and territories are covered?

• Already on Feel at Home: Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Macau, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, United States.
  • To be added from September: Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia.
Cheers,

Jock. :)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
ust been in the Three shop in Carlisle and they tell me the roll-out is on 8th September. That's this coming Thursday.
Just too late for me. Been in Germarny, now Holland, Belgium tomorrow. On Thursday, will be in France, ready for an early morning ferry on Friday. So just a day too late to be any use.

Good news though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Tethering definitely works on a 3 PAYG data SIM ...using one right now.
Indeed. There wouldn't be much point in a mifi & a data SIM if tethering wasn't allowed - a mifi is dependent on tethering!

They work in the UK, in 'Feel at Home' countries & anywhere else 3 have a roaming partner. The only difference is in the method & rate of charging you for the privilege. I've used mine in the UK, in France, Denmark & Sweden (all existing 'FaH' countries) & in Holland & Germany, where the data is currently taken from account credit (rather than from 'Top-Up' or 'Starter' data allowance) at a higher cost per MB.

It appears that a lot of people don't realise that phone SIMs & data SIMs have very different agreements & they don't specify which they are talking about when they say what they can & can't do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back