Three adds more European countries to feel at home

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by premiere99, Aug 11, 2016.

1. premiere99

premiere99 Funster

Three's Feel at Home perk lets subscribers use their regular minute, text and data allowances abroad at no extra cost. The inclusive roaming feature even covers several far-flung destinations including the USA, Australia and Hong Kong, but after adding Spain and New Zealand to the roster early last year, the list of 18 regions hasn't grown any longer. From this September, however, Three is expanding Feel at Home to an additional 24 countries across Europe (for a new total of 42).

Feel at Home was already available in France, Spain, Italy and throughout Scandinavia, but from next month, pretty much the entirety of Europe will be covered. Roaming charges are due to be abolished across the EU next summer, you may recall, so Three is just kinda jumping the gun in that respect. Though whether Brits will still be able to take advantage of that when the UK eventually leaves the EU remains to be seen.

For now, though, any Three subscriber planning a late summer getaway in Europe should be chuffed with the expansion. Unless they didn't consult their crystal ball and opted to save a few quid by taking out one of Three's new, perkless Essential plans, that is.

New Feel at Home destinations: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Channel Islands, Guernsey and Jersey.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
  2. buttons

buttons Funster

Glad to see Cyprus on the list, when you are used to having feel at home it can be a real pain when in Cyprus.(y)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Viennese

Viennese Funster

IT would be great if they abolished roaming charges for calling a French number when you're in France...

I would be more likely to call to the country where I was than to call the UK

• Like Like x 2
  4. buttons

buttons Funster

My ex is in the US at the moment she has left her phone on and used it daily to phone home "feel at home" is a brilliant option.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Good to see Germany on the list (y)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Quick question from a dimbo ,I use three mifi in uk all the time but going to France later do I need to do anything different..Roy

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Do you have a date in September when these new feel at home countries come on line.

8. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Sounds good on the face of it. However, they don't allow tethering to a laptop and calls to local numbers are charged as as out of bundle calls, so all you can do is call UK numbers and use data on your smartphone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. buttons

buttons Funster

I find the main advantage is the fact that you don't have to turn your phone off when you leave the UK. We can do most things using data on our phones. If you want to phone local numbers then use skype or skype credit from your phone data.

10. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

that statement has just made me realise how far we've come in telecomunications in a few years who remember piles of pesato's to call home half way through a two weeks in spain package holiday

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snowbird

Far worse than that, lurching from one Telex office to another :).

• Like Like x 1
  12. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

We had 10 months continuous use from our 3 PAYG sim in Spain (topping up on line every month) before they 'cut us off' from roaming only a couple of weeks ago!!! Can't complain, it's only supposed to be 3 months per year!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    As far as I know you just have to make sure that international roaming is enabled on your device, worked well for me in the past.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. shawn&emma

shawn&emma Funster

My new Vodafone phone package (not a data/tablet package) includes unlimited calls and texts to Europe countries and this also includes to landlines and mobiles of the country I'm in. Very happy with it, £16 per month on a pay monthly package.
    Shawn

15. Smith and Sharp

Smith and Sharp Funster

No Roy, it should work OK as it is....(y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

They haven't announced a date yet. The way it's worded makes me think that it won't be the 1st, which is a shame. I rather suspect that I will have just completed my journey home from Sweden (which will be in the first 10 days of September) by the time they add them.

As I've got to work along the way, which involves quite a lot of data, I suspect I will have to do Denmark to France in one jump, rather than meander back.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Snowbird

As we will be making a road trip across Europe to Bulgaria at the end of this month and staying until November, we would be grateful if anyone has a link to the exact date these new countries come on line.

18. iandsm

iandsm Funster

I read it was "In September" I assure they could tell you exactly if you go on live chat or phone them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    This is all it says on the three website:

"
    In September, we will be adding 24 new destinations for you to use your phone abroad at no extra cost and share your holiday pictures shamelessly. You’ll soon be able to use your phone in a total of 42 destinations across the world including Germany, Portugal, Greece and the USA. Below is a list of the 24 new destinations that will be automatically added for you to use Feel at Home in:

Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia.

More information coming soon."

Just have to wait and see.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

Could you work off line and then upload / download using McDonald's wifi or similar?

Alternatively, buy a German data sim?