Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Broken Link Removed-

My friend who lives in France is looking at the above.

Any thoughts from those who may be more expert than me?

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
My thoughts...

First impressions are that it is a clean and tidy example of its type... in very good condition indeed from the pics. Of course a thorough physical inspection would be needed to look at the mechanical side of the base vehicle and the habitation side.

I can't see any seat belts in the rear so if your friend has kids that may be an issue they need to think about.

It won't be a massive issue but I would wonder about the viability of a Right Hand Drive vehicle in a left hand drive environment. I would not refuse a vehicle that was the 'wrong' drive for the country that it would mainly be used in, but if possible its best to get the 'right' side of driving position.

I'm not familiar with the values of vehicles of this type but the posted price seems to be on the cheaper side of what I would expect.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Scousebird,
I live 10 mins from Ruffec,if your friend needs someone to have a look I would be only too pleased to help.Sadly I am away at the moment but will be back in the Charente on the 23rd of this month.
I have been Motorhoming for donkeys years and to be honest at this price there isn't much around.Solid old plodder but the seat belt think could be a deal breaker if important .
PM me if I can help in any way,good luck to your friend.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cannot speak for the hab section but the chassis cab is the old Ducato
Lovely old motor and as strong as an ox
The only issues were ever the gear linkages
But even if they are unwell ( !! ) a complete kit is only about £40.00 and it takes anyone who can use a spanner about an hour to fit :thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Check VERY carefully for rust......front wings; below windscreen; door bottom edges etc etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back