Thoughts please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scousebird, Apr 7, 2014.

1. scousebird

scousebird Funster

2. Spenders

Spenders

My thoughts...

First impressions are that it is a clean and tidy example of its type... in very good condition indeed from the pics. Of course a thorough physical inspection would be needed to look at the mechanical side of the base vehicle and the habitation side.

I can't see any seat belts in the rear so if your friend has kids that may be an issue they need to think about.

It won't be a massive issue but I would wonder about the viability of a Right Hand Drive vehicle in a left hand drive environment. I would not refuse a vehicle that was the 'wrong' drive for the country that it would mainly be used in, but if possible its best to get the 'right' side of driving position.

I'm not familiar with the values of vehicles of this type but the posted price seems to be on the cheaper side of what I would expect.

3. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Scousebird,
    I live 10 mins from Ruffec,if your friend needs someone to have a look I would be only too pleased to help.Sadly I am away at the moment but will be back in the Charente on the 23rd of this month.
    I have been Motorhoming for donkeys years and to be honest at this price there isn't much around.Solid old plodder but the seat belt think could be a deal breaker if important .
    PM me if I can help in any way,good luck to your friend.:thumb:

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Cannot speak for the hab section but the chassis cab is the old Ducato
    Lovely old motor and as strong as an ox
    The only issues were ever the gear linkages
    But even if they are unwell ( !! ) a complete kit is only about £40.00 and it takes anyone who can use a spanner about an hour to fit :thumb:

5. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Check VERY carefully for rust......front wings; below windscreen; door bottom edges etc etc