Thoughts, please (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Rapido for me yes I have one but when at NEC recently Rapido still came in my top 3 and top for the price bracket

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a rapido which we are very pleased with. We did look at euramobile but the layout we liked had limited headroom in places.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Both very good vans I agree with the above the old Eura mobil were a solid van not sure about the new vans.

The Rapido has always been a good van I looked at the new ones when we were choosing our new van they looked solid.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Lots of concerns about payload (with Rapido): the quoted weights seem to ignore extras. I don't know about EuroMobil.

We have a Rapido (2002) and are very happy with it.

Gordon

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Lots of concerns about payload (with Rapido): the quoted weights seem to ignore extras. I don't know about EuroMobil.

We have a Rapido (2002) and are very happy with it.

Gordon
True ours is on a light chasis and we upgraded it to 3850 which works for us (just). Was just a paper exercise :)
As and when I change it I may however look for a maxi chasis so can go up to 4500kg depends what you want to use it for, short trips (max 2 weeks) like us atm or if retired maybe alot longer and therefore more weight needed??

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Went to look at both vans today, plusses and negs on each, came away to think it over....
That makes it 1500 miles this week looking, why do advertisers not be honest with their descriptions ??????
really pees me off...
Cheers, Dave:(
ps, we're looking for an automatic, U shape rear lounge or 2 long sofas, can't be that hard to find @ around 20 to 23k, can it?

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Went to look at both vans today, plusses and negs on each, came away to think it over....
That makes it 1500 miles this week looking, why do advertisers not be honest with their descriptions ??????
really pees me off...
ps, we're looking for an automatic, U shape rear lounge or 2 long sofas, can't be that hard to find @ around 20 to 23k, can it?
Auto tick
Rear lounge tick
Both together might be tough
Like we all say might have to compromise
I wanted the merc version and ended up with Fiat as mercs were just too damn expensive imho, most wanted 8k extra and it was only 5k extra when new.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
... why do advertisers not be honest with their descriptions ??????
really pees me off...

TBH, describing it as automatic, rear lounge, FIAT etc is fairly clear cut. "Good condition" is a much more subjective judgement. Hopefully that is what you are getting peed off with.

Also, living in Dumfries, your options are probably more limited than if you were in Birmingham: that's life.

Good luck - Gordon

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Another vote for Eura Mobil here too!

This is our 4th motorhome and without doubt the best overall van we've had.

The suppliers who have worked on our van, adding accessories and undertaking modifications, have always remarked just how good the build quality and finish is on the Eura Mobil and just how much quality in the finish you actually get for your money.

Used Eura Mobil's are thin on the ground as the UK dealership network went a bit 'tit's up' about 10 years ago and since then they've never really tackled the UK market.

Geoff Cox have now taken on UK distribution so hopefully things might improve in the future.

They are regular award winners in Germany's Pro-Mobil magazine and are very popular in the German rental market due to their build quality, value and reliability.

Good luck in your search and hopefully you'll find a great van that meets your requirements.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
we like our Eura mobil, couldn't find a van to suit in our price range,(50p):rolleyes::whistle:

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
TBH, describing it as automatic, rear lounge, FIAT etc is fairly clear cut. "Good condition" is a much more subjective judgement. Hopefully that is what you are getting peed off with.

Also, living in Dumfries, your options are probably more limited than if you were in Birmingham: that's life.

Good luck - Gordon
That's why we did 1500 miles last week, 1st was absolutely filthy inside, 2nd had dodgy history, 3rd was quite good until I went to the side next to the hedge, bubbles ALL down the side, looked like a 19 yr old yoof with acne- seller said "Oh, I hadn't noticed that??????? Bo++ocks!!
Cheers, Dave(y)

castor

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
Reguiny France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Artic T71.LP
Exp
If you like Rapido look at Bavaria .made in same factory if in at 3500 kg then your carrying load is better . Great build we went to the factory .currently on no 2. Enjoy

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Have to say I was looking along the lines of a Hymer.

That was until someone suggested a Rapido which I hadn't even considered.
Had a look at them on various sites and already knew we wanted fixed bed, cooker separate shower and toilet.

Then as luck would have it after advertising on here for a Moho i was contacted by a dodgy geezer (only joking) on this site :D as he was selling his and the rest is history as they say.

Ours is a 2006 and feels well nailed together.

Good luck with your search, could you not ask a local funster to have a look at potential purchases or at least take some decent pictures. Its got to be worth giving them a drink for their troubles :D

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
really pees me off...

"U lounge" Is very much a British things, you do find continental vans with them but as your finding out, very rare...
Good look.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
If its used, a van that wasnt great when it was new, but is low miles and immaculate, is better than one that the best thing since sliced bread new, and is ratty now.

List your 'must have's ' ... would likes and 'dont cares'... and maybe what you are going to do with it, and see what response it brings.

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Have got fixed up.....
Will disclose details when deal is completed, watch this space!!
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Well, mystery time over- we've bought another Autotrail Dakota, I say another because it's the same year 2002 as one we had previously and enjoyed a lot. This on is very very clean inside and out, with only 4 previous owners and 35k miles, sailed through mot with only 1 advisory- rear discs corroded, but these were replaced by the vendor. Inside really is like new, so we are very pleased with it and can't wait to get out in it. Have to change class to disabled and tax it. Insured through AIB very pleased with them too.
Hope to see a few Fun stickers when we are out and about!!
Cheers, Dave(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back