Thoughts on satellite systems

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bailey58, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Still thinking about this Bailey Approach, did I tell you it was 24'8"? :Rofl1:

As I don't plan to remove the Oyster from the Starspirit I was wondering on which new sat system to go for. The dish used to blow about a bit in a decent wind which which got me picturing the thing blowing away leaving a big hole behind :Eek!: Apart from that it was no problem, never failed to find a signal in the UK, lower than a dome and even upgraded it to a dual LNB, don't tell Robert Jackson, he had to put the parking sensor right for me at Peterborough, I told him a previous owner had done it but I think he knew! :RollEyes:

So will a dome and the cheaper Camos crank up dishes give me as good a signal as the large dish on the Oyster? Not worried about the potential signal problems in Spain, if anything only northern Europe for the foreseeable future. Thoughts please.

2. Mel

Mel Funster

IMO only one to buy Oyster best on the market

Mel

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I am with Meor to be honest.. Damned good bit of kit .. Yes, it is a nice big sail but I get solid Sky everywhere I go ( though no doubt that will change when Sky start fiddling about with the bloody sat foot print again ! )

Oh and I changed my LNB to something somewhat better than the standard one. 10 minutes work and a massive outlay of about a tenner means it does somewhat more than others of a similar ilk can do :thumb:

4. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Can't find anything on Meor, have you got a link to anywhere or is this something you cobbled together with JJ? (I was there, I know where the bodies are buried) :Rofl1: