Thoughts on satellite systems (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Still thinking about this Bailey Approach, did I tell you it was 24'8"? :ROFLMAO:

As I don't plan to remove the Oyster from the Starspirit I was wondering on which new sat system to go for. The dish used to blow about a bit in a decent wind which which got me picturing the thing blowing away leaving a big hole behind :whatthe: Apart from that it was no problem, never failed to find a signal in the UK, lower than a dome and even upgraded it to a dual LNB, don't tell Robert Jackson, he had to put the parking sensor right for me at Peterborough, I told him a previous owner had done it but I think he knew! :RollEyes:

So will a dome and the cheaper Camos crank up dishes give me as good a signal as the large dish on the Oyster? Not worried about the potential signal problems in Spain, if anything only northern Europe for the foreseeable future. Thoughts please.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
IMO only one to buy Oyster best on the market

Mel

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am with Meor to be honest.. Damned good bit of kit .. Yes, it is a nice big sail but I get solid Sky everywhere I go ( though no doubt that will change when Sky start fiddling about with the bloody sat foot print again ! )

Oh and I changed my LNB to something somewhat better than the standard one. 10 minutes work and a massive outlay of about a tenner means it does somewhat more than others of a similar ilk can do :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I am with Meor to be honest.. Damned good bit of kit .. Yes, it is a nice big sail but I get solid Sky everywhere I go ( though no doubt that will change when Sky start fiddling about with the bloody sat foot print again ! ) Oh and I changed my LNB to something somewhat better than the standard one. 10 minutes work and a massive outlay of about a tenner means it does somewhat more than others of a similar ilk can do :thumb:

Can't find anything on Meor, have you got a link to anywhere or is this something you cobbled together with JJ? (I was there, I know where the bodies are buried) :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back