Thought you should know! (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I hope and wish that " we members / subscribers" are worthy of the decision you have made.

I have been guilty in the past of mixing business and pleasure; at the end of the day its a decision both you and Sian must be comfortable with, a decision that deserves deep respect. either way .:notworthy:

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
To Jim & Sian

It is a good job we are not on a Funster meet with you both right now because if we where we know we would be in a very large queue to give you both the biggest hugs and kisses ever. We appreciate what you must have gone through in making the decision and we respect that.

from us three:Smile::Smile::Smile:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Can't have been an easy decision. Very pleased you decided not to sell I enjoy this club/forum immensely. Would not have blamed you if the decision had gone the other way though but would be very sad to see FUN slip into the backbiting snide place of similar forums:cry::Blush::Angry: Thanks to you both::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Wow you two. That must have been really difficult for you ... security for the kids future and all that...... I know I should say well done and thank you, but you know that whatever decision you make we would all be behind you and understand. Bet you feel like breaking the dry January now don't you. Here's hoping it was the right decision for you after all your hard work to date.:thumb:

That's a mighty brave decision Jim. You've got to say that the interested party have recognised the brilliant job you've both made of this site.
You command my utmost respect for taking this honest and I'm sure prudent decision. Given what the site has been valued at I wonder what the members now think of the meagre £10 annual fee-Seemed like a real bargain before but now OMG!
Thank you again for this excellent leading forum and for the fantastic advice as a relatively new member I've already been given.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped............Given what the site has been valued at I wonder what the members now think of the meagre £10 annual fee
Still a pittance, however, they would be even better value..........................if more members subscribed. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
To Jim & Sian

It is a good job we are not on a Funster meet with you both right now because if we where we know we would be in a very large queue to give you both the biggest hugs and kisses ever. We appreciate what you must have gone through in making the decision and we respect that.

from us three:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Kate, we could still give Jim big hugs and kisses when we next meet him..... OUCH!!!!! Sian!!!! That's the second time this week you've done that. It hurt. I wuz only kidding..

images

images

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If for some reason in the next 10 - 15 years you do decide to sell...

Will you promise they honour the gift bestowed on me..

"Life Member"...

Yours Truly..

Very Worried Old - Mo.

:RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
What an agonising time you must have had before you reached your decision! :Eeek: I don't think anyone could say what they would do in the same circumstances!

So glad you decided not to sell but like others have said we would have understood if you'd decided to accept the offer.

Thank you so much for the last 7 years of fun and friendship it has meant so much to so many people. :Smile:

Looking forward to seeing you both in the summer ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

BRING ON THE FUN!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you for making such a selfless decision, Motorhome Fun might have continued but it wouldn't have been Fun anymore

Dave:thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thinking about it a fast buck is ok but it is easy spent. Fun will be around for a very long time as the best privately owned/run forum with a steady income :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have only one thing to say :ROFLMAO:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9t_KDGqOmE"]You stupid boy - YouTube[/ame]

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
JIM & SIAN
KEEP
:thumb:MOTORHOMEFUN:thumb:

Thank you both from both of us:thumb:

Rob&Jane

Thank you

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
I think you may get a bit bitter at times when things get troublesome ,or you are working the systems when all have gone to sleep on here in the future.

Why do I bother.

Just turned down 100's of k for what.

You may get a better offer as there is no real competition know. Suppose it depends on your business head or your heart?

Ps

Big fan of this site my self.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
That act of genuine selflessness, honesty and loyalty has just made me well up, awwww :cry:
I've only been part of this community for a few months but already love it. Thank you Jim Sian :h:

Last edited:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Wow :notworthy::notworthy:

Not had the pleasure of meeting Jim or Sian just yet but just reading all those expressions of thanks and support say it all

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Why not ????

Just picked up this thread !..Not read the myriad of posts (as usual) but, can you not take the dosh and then restart under another banner and drag us all kicking and screaming along with you !:Blush::Blush::Blush

Apologies if others have suggested this !:Doh::Doh::Doh:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
then it wouldnt be fun anymore its also the title what other banner can funsters rally under
if it aint broke dont fix it

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
A cynical person would think if the money was enough you would have sold

i would not consider that cynical... its business and Jim like the rest of us has a duty to do the very best he can for his family.
i for one would wish Jim every success in selling for the highest price he could get when ever

" he and Sian thinks the time is right"!

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Thanks Jim and Sian for your brave and selfless decision.

I have today re-subscribed after a few years absence mainly because of your actions in keeping the site as it is.
I'll try to start posting again too.....if any one remembers me!

Regards to all

Sandy and Margaret
:Smile:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Thanks Sian and Jim for keeping fun.

However if you get another offer and you are very tempted, take it and run, no one would blame you.

Its taken seven years of hardwork and devotion, and help from funsters to make it successful, well done to everyone that has made FUN the place to be.

Whatever you decide in the future we wish you well.

Regards
Pat and Neil

Kryten

Free Member
Jan 18, 2014
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie but did own one in 2003. Been into camping for many years.
I've only just joined, but wanted to also add my thanks and best wishes to you. I'm sure you've made the right decision and would've regretted it sooner or later having took the money and ran. Money isn't everything in life. Fair play to you Jim. :thumb:

All the best for the future success of the club! :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back