Thought you should know! (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I doubt that MHF would survive long in it's present form if you sold it, and I think loads of members would leave, including me.

A very brave decision, but no one could have blamed you for taking the money and having financial security. Who knows, they may come back with a better offer. Then what ? Sometimes you have to think of number one.

I know it's been suggested that you could start up another club, but I am sure that there would be something in the deal preventing that, for a while anyway.

Well done for acting on your beliefs and thinking of others. :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Coming on top of the Dark Side sale it may be someone is out to stifle the competition or, if you can't beat it, buy it. I'm so pleased it hasn't worked and obviously Fun means more to Jim and Sian than money. As Jim says "I started out with nothing and still have most of it". Thanks and long may MHF continue as it is.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Of course a cynic would say Jim worked out what the money would make when invested and decided he could make more from our annual subscriptions and advertising. Or perhaps he reckoned it still wouldn't buy enough lottery tickets to be sure of winning?

However, I'll take it all at face value and agree with him that money isn't everything. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If they want it they will just up the offer.
If you drop dead we will have to get use to someone else.
So take the money.IMO

But I for one am glad you said no.
At the end of the day its your forum.

Mel

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
If a man happens to find himself, he has a mansion which he can inhabit with dignity all the days of his life. James A. Michener.

:thumb: Thanks Jim........... this is a Special Club with a Great leader.

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Take it Jim,
You can always set up another one, now what should we call it.

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Wouldn't have blamed you for taking it Jim, but so glad you didn't.

We were lucky enough to have our first meet at your place, and were overwhelmed by your and Sian's welcome and generosity. After chatting to Sian for minutes, I felt as if I had known her for years. The same went for the other Funsters there - we couldn't have wished for a better introduction to 'Fun'.

The Forum is always open on my laptop, and I dip into it throughout the day when I have a spare five minutes and a coffee in hand. Mo's quizzes have become an addiction.

We have never felt this involved with any other club, and are really happy we found the right club first time.

So keep up the good work Jim, looking forward to many more bacon sarnies at meets, and discussions/chats/quizzes on the website.

Remember: Cecil Rhodes said - to be born British is to win the lottery of life, so you've won that already (sat waiting for brick bats to start flying - but isn't that what this forum is about....) Running this whole thing is just a bonus :winky:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Take it Jim (& Sian) ... but just let us know the new address!! :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There was to have been a non compete clause which of course we'd have honoured. Thing is, in the end we figured while it would take quite a few years to earn there offer out of the site, we'd enjoy the ride doing so, Taking it now and walking away and watching this place slide would have been horrible. Being logged in here 15 hours every day for 7 years would have been a hard habit to break.

Thank you all for your kind comments. Sian has been reading them out, its a very nice feeling.:Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Wow you two. That must have been really difficult for you ... security for the kids future and all that...... I know I should say well done and thank you, but you know that whatever decision you make we would all be behind you and understand. Bet you feel like breaking the dry January now don't you. Here's hoping it was the right decision for you after all your hard work to date.:thumb:

Holy cow, thats a decision and a half...
and with the one you've made...i think answers one of your goals.... its got to be the best club already...what with owners that dedicated and wanting to stay with the brood!!!!

Jim & Siàn much respect, and you known how much I enjoy Fun and the Funsters but I would still respect you just as much if you felt the decision was made the other way, as these this things don't come Around too often, whichever way it is/was Jim your a gent. Hats off to you.

Very glad you didn't sell but equally wouldn't have blamed you if you had. I haven't been a member that long but value the community and friendships I have made over the last couple of years very much. Cannot see it staying the same type of community without you two to guide it.

Well done Jim, and thank you for sharing your decision with us. :thumb:

Glad to know 'Fun' remains in your safe hands! ::bigsmile:

Mike

Thanks Jim for sharing with us all and your open attitude to the club and it's members. You were already held in high esteem and your decision enhances that view.
We feel confident with you and Sian to guide us.
Thanks again Rex & Cherry

Not sure what to say following this lot, of course with an offer like that then I'm sure they would have insisted that you DON'T start up another MoHo Forum but I'm pleased you didn't sell, don't forget though

.......... It won't ever be worth any less plus I think you have just increased it's value in the Funster's eyes at least.

I knew you were a big Man the first time I met you, big thanks Sian & James
:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Don't blame you for not selling Jim. Six quid is hardly enough for such a great site!! :Doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Jim. I am sure that was a very hard decision.

I for one am very glad you are not selling. I believe it is your hand on the wheel that makes this place what it is and it wouldn't be the same without you.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Jim a big thankyou to you and Sian for everything you do.
We all definately feel part of a great big family.
The only problem now is we will have to have another Benidorm party down here at Villasol to celebrate your decision.:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks Jim and Sian.

I sincerely hope this site grows in value and when the right offer comes in - go for it.:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There was to have been a non compete clause which of course we'd have honoured. Thing is, in the end we figured while it would take quite a few years to earn there offer out of the site, we'd enjoy the ride doing so, Taking it now and walking away and watching this place slide would have been horrible. Being logged in here 15 hours every day for 7 years would have been a hard habit to break.

Thank you all for your kind comments. [HI]Sian has been reading them out, its a very nice feeling.:Smile:
[/HI]

It's amazing what a couple can achieve, especially when one of them can't even read::bigsmile:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
FUN is the first forum I open each day. I reiterate what others have said, it's a fantastic place to go, not only for information but also when people need a little comfort and support. Hope this never changes.

Thanks.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Jim and Sian. You have in spades what seems to be missing in society these days, INTEGRITY. It is both a pleasure and an honour to know you both, our thanks for your decision. Respect. :thumb:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
With motorhomefacts gone I would imagine you will see membership increase and perhaps in a year or two the return will be even better, I hope so as you and Sian deserve it.Meanwhile glad you are still leading us. :Smile:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I bet it was Dawn B. She wants to rule and take over the world :roflmto:

Seriously, top bombing Jim :Smile:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I am so glad you didn't sell FUN Jim.

I agree with everything said on this thread so far.

The first thing I do in the morning is log into FUN and I dip in and out all day.
I have learnt everything about Motorhomes from this site.

The characters on here keep me grinning from ear to ear every day:Smile:

Fun is an asset that will continue to increase in price until you are ready to cash in.

It just would not be the same without yourself and Sian keeping everyone in order without the need for moderators:Smile:

Keep up the good work Jim:Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I wonder who wanted to buy, some big faceless conglomerate that would fill the screen with ads and rules and regulations I expect :cry:

Good job , money is not everything.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back