Thought this might be useful

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by lorger, Jan 29, 2010.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Found this on another website and thought it might be useful for someone.

Gerry

Teignbridge Council have car parks at Teignmouth (Dawlish Road) and Dawlish Warren, this car park is down by the railway line and park at the far end of the car park.Both parking places cost £1.10 to £1.40 all day and free from 6 pm til 8 am maximum stay 48 hours. Teignmouth is a 2 minute walk into to town, which we found friendly and good to eat, drink and to walk around. there is Jazz at the Jolly Sailor on Monday nights. The site at Dawlish Warren is much more remote (especially in winter) and there is noise from passing trains though not too bad. Great walking up and down the coast and around the Nature Reserve.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

free overnight, but is sleeping in vehicles permitted ?

3. robnchris

robnchris Funster

cheap overnight.

Hi Guys,

Yes you can overnight in your van, this is an e mail I received when i enquired to the council about these two car parks.

Dear Mr Randall

Thank you for your e-mail to Neil Aggett.

I can confirm that the facility for motorhome parking overnight, free of charge designed as a '1 night stop over ' is still in place in car parks on the landward side of the railway line at Dawlish Warren and Eastcliff Beach in Teignmouth. The pilot scheme currently carries a maximum stay of 48 hours in any one period, but as part of the annual review of car parking charges and operating conditions I have recommended to reduce to time frame to a maximum stay of 12 hours in order to better control the arrangement and ensure we comply with planning requirements associated with use of land.

I hope this assists, please let me know if you have any other enquiries relating to this matter.

Yours sincerely

Sue Edwards
    Environment Standards Manager
    Environment and Safety
    Teignbridge District Council
    Forde House
    Brunel Road
    Newton Abbot
    Devon
    TQ12 4XX
    Tel 01626 215870
    Fax 01626 215436
    e-mail sue.edwards@teignbridge.gov.uk

4. madbluemad

madbluemad

We stopped at a c@cc site in Dawlish Warren last year. I didnt see the mh parking in Teignmouth but were impressed with the parking facilities for mh's in Dawlish Warren. As said it is a nice area with plenty of walks up and down the coast.

There is a great bus service there as well. Dont forget to have a cup of tea at the red rocks cafe. If you like fishing the Mackeral jump on to the rod, a bit of silver foil and chuck em on the barby, mmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Jim
    :Smile:

5. steles

steles Read Only Funster

Surely, if as stated the time frame is reduced to 12 hrs it will effectively mean just an overnight stop, no time to see anything.
    Steles

6. madbluemad

madbluemad

That is a bit confusing, however the telephone number is there for the man who can say yes

Jim

Edit: I dont do wilding but there are a number of places there that I saw where I reckon you could stopover without any hassle. There didnt seem to be any type of loutish behaviour at all.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  7. creamcake

creamcake Read Only Funster

teignbridge council

:soaobox: hi,i recieved this reply today. regarding the parking review.
    creamcake

Attached Files:

8. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

We've stayed a couple of times at both places, like both once you get used to the trains.
    just read the letter from the council and was most confused (don't take much!!!) thought it was for me!!! then reread it!!!

Cheers...nige.....Charman!!