Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
I had one of these for a while, the maps were good, but the screen kept freezing
Sent it back for a replacement, that was fine for a while, but the touch screen would not respond occasionally.
I've now got it in my works van for emergencies, use my Tom tom now which is faultless
Must have been unlucky

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I was thinking of buying one reccomended on here some time ago. It had an AV in socket which I was hoping I could use the sat nav as reverse camera and do away with that screen so I only had 1 screen on display.

Does any one now if this is possible ? Which one would you guys buy ? I was considering this one item 81168963601 on eBay

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
For all those that are interested in how I did the clipboard satnav holder, I shall post something up in the "Top Tips" section shortly.......
I ordered a Chinese sat Nav last night, so am looking forward to your holder thread... :):)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Just thrown my second one in the bin, kept saying IGO path encountered a problem and needs to close. reset it, tried all sorts, broke it in half and binned it,,,, they work well ,,,,,,,,when they work.might try another or just stick to my tom tom, never had a problem with it.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just thrown my second one in the bin, kept saying IGO path encountered a problem and needs to close. reset it, tried all sorts, broke it in half and binned it,,,, they work well ,,,,,,,,when they work.might try another or just stick to my tom tom, never had a problem with it.
Mine has only ever done that if the battery is low, you MUST be sure it is plugged in and charging if that happens.

This is the main reason I changed my cab sockets as the standard ones lose contact over bumps and although the plug is in it's not getting a supply.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/x250-and-others-cab-12-volt-socket-change.90684/

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Mine has done that a couple of times but reset easily. I keep software copies on both the unit and MicroSD card in case of problems (just a matter of changing navigation path).

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was thinking of buying one reccomended on here some time ago. It had an AV in socket which I was hoping I could use the sat nav as reverse camera and do away with that screen so I only had 1 screen on display.

Does any one now if this is possible ? Which one would you guys buy ? I was considering this one item 81168963601 on eBay
Your item number comes up not found. However, Broken Link Removed is the same as many of us have plus a reverse camera.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Mine has only ever done that if the battery is low, you MUST be sure it is plugged in and charging if that happens.

This is the main reason I changed my cab sockets as the standard ones lose contact over bumps and although the plug is in it's not getting a supply.

Mine has done that a couple of times but reset easily. I keep software copies on both the unit and MicroSD card in case of problems (just a matter of changing navigation path)
I'm sure It was fully charged Techno,had been plugged in all day via its own mains charger at home. for charging in the m/h i have got 2 usb sockets in the drivers side of the dashboard, work very well.
i tried to reset it GJH, just kept coming up with same message.
I might try another when we come back from france, no time now as we go on thursday, i'll have to rely on the tom tom.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If the USB socket is owt like mine I discovered that the 1 amp outlet and the 2.1 amp outlet are marked up the wrong way around and I had the Navi plugged in the wrong one and it isn't enough power.
Since I discovered this and swapped the lead around it has been fine.

Here connected as marked and does not charge
CA_01091513201019-X3.jpg

Last edited:

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Looks exactly the same Andy, it did charge ok, but can't remember which socket i used.
Bloody handy socket though, no cables laying across steering wheel etc.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
See here with ignition on the battery indicator is on screen but NOT charging.
So then I put the dash cam in the 2.1 and the Nav in the 1 and it worked fine. Not all USB's are marked wrong but this just shows not to trust the printing
CA_01091513222429-X2.jpg

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Should anyone want one...

I bought one. Then saw the Garmin singinganddancing model for £150 under the RRP.

so it's for sale and I haven't even used it!

http://r.ebay.com/TOJCwR

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
here's mine, one of the first Chinese satnavs mounted where we like it and using the kit that came with it. (apologies, our interior is not as posh as Andy's - but the steering wheel is in the right place).:LOL:

Broken Link Removed

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
In Praise of Chinese Sat Nav

Following the advice on Fun I bought an 8GB unit for the princely sum of £35.00. Less than the cost of updating my old Garmin. It arrived within 48 hours and fired up straight out of the box. After charging it and playing for a couple of nights whilst other half watches TV thought I had it sorted.

Then tried to load destination by co ordinates, couldn't find the route through the menu, so resorted to Googling it which confirmed its a function that available, I played for another half hour but to no avail. I then noted on one of the web threads that others had sent messages to China by Facebook. Tried that and hey ho they have a Facebook presence and even more surprising I had a response from them overnight...result.
I now have a new best friend in China, a full manual in PDF for the Xgody 704 and I was steered to page 54 and have found how to set the destination in coordinates.which is actually simples when you know where to look.
So so far so good especially the fast response by Facebook, if only UK firms could offer the same.

I also spent some time today dealing with an account issue with NPower.....my god they cannot even answer the phone, emails would be ignored for months on end, a total pain in the butt like all energy suppliers, maybe we should be pleased when the Chinese arrive on our shores to operate our energy suppliers.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had one of these for a while, the maps were good, but the screen kept freezing
Sent it back for a replacement, that was fine for a while, but the touch screen would not respond occasionally.
I've now got it in my works van for emergencies, use my Tom tom now which is faultless
Must have been unlucky

Mine has frozen a couple of times, usually when I was fiddling with it trying to get it to do something it wasn't meant to do. A paperclip in the reset hole has done the trick each time

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
bought one too, as previously said ,its a bargain so will try it and see what like, not a great loss if not too great !!

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
I bought one on Ebay 2 years ago for about £60 with free updates for life. It has been great, never let us down. The only problem we have found is on "un- named roads"where it does not have the info. Mine is called a P NAVI. Another problem is getting the free updates. a bit of hit and miss from their web site. . BUT, at that price, it is fantastic !!

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Your item number comes up not found. However, Broken Link Removed is the same as many of us have plus a reverse camera.

Just ordered one of these :D

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Its only quirk is that when it warns me that a 'speed camera' is ahead it does so in a language that sounds like Russian! Everything else is in English so if I hear a Russian lady speaking then I know that there is a speed camera ahead. My Garmin Nuvi just beeped for the speed camera alert so actualy this one is more 'alerting'
Ha! After some months of internet trawling and satnav forum bashing I have finally found the answer myself so I thought that I'd update y'all.

We are planning out first trip to the continent in October so I thought that I'd see about loading the French Aires POIs. I connected the Sat Nav (cheapo Chinese) to my computer and had a look at the files contained therein.

I found a file called audio so I took a look inside and voila! (Note the subtle use of French) The file contains all the warning messages and they are listed by warning title. I scrolled down and found one called 'mobile speed camera' and played the file. Bingo, it was the voice and one of the messages we hear frequently on the A9. We do not have permanent cameras (yet), they are all mobile in the Highlands. We also hear another message when we are further south and this turned out to be...'fixed speed camera'. Mystery solved.

Oh how well I shall sleep at night now that I know why it does this 'Russian' voice! :)

Now I think that to sort it all I need to do is replace the audio file I have with an audio file that speaks English. So if anyone out there can oblige by sending me a copy of their English audio file I'd be very appreciative.

BTW I would add that this 'cheapo' unit at just £36.00 inc p&p has been brilliant value for money. It uses IgoPrimo mapping and has been utterly reliable and accurate. Why would you pay 10 times the price?

Cheers

KH

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back