Those all important numbers (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
How do other fulltimers deal with
a) disposing of those receipts with your numbers printed on (I put them in an empty beer can, bleach in and shake then dump)
b) paying a site you've never been to before (not a club site) Do you do as we did once and write a cheque only to have the man vanish into his office with cheque and card out of sight? Paid cash since then on smaller or unknown sites.

Being always on the move and internet banking, I would be interested to hear how everyone else does this
Jan

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
re:- printed data.

I keep all pages (or torn-off parts of pages) with data on and then either have a small bar-b-q on which I get rid of them, or, keep them to shred later at a friend or relatives.

The thought of accidentally picking up a beer tin with bleach in causes me some concern.

With ref to using a credit card at strange places or abroad - I don't. I get cash out in advance from an ATM (inc. no foreign charges) and then pay cash. I f I can't keep control of my card at all times, then I personally don't feel at all comfortable..

Papa

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sauteed with a little milk,butter,salt and pepper.
some of the most expensive meals i'v ever had.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Floozie2

Free Member
Feb 29, 2008
Videix, France
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
9 years
BBQ receipts for me too - adds a certain piquant flavour. As for internet banking, I'm a bit down on using a public computer or WiFi so I'm going back to good old telephoning if I need to do anything. I just do a balance check at an atm every once in a while to make sure my overdraft isn't too stretched!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
One of the first items we bought on arrival in the States was a cross cut shredder.:thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
In UK I use my Caravan Club visa card to gain points but overseas I mostly pay by cash as it saves any worries etc. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back