Those all important numbers

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Jan Pendreigh, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Jan Pendreigh

Jan Pendreigh Read Only Funster

How do other fulltimers deal with
    a) disposing of those receipts with your numbers printed on (I put them in an empty beer can, bleach in and shake then dump)
    b) paying a site you've never been to before (not a club site) Do you do as we did once and write a cheque only to have the man vanish into his office with cheque and card out of sight? Paid cash since then on smaller or unknown sites.

Being always on the move and internet banking, I would be interested to hear how everyone else does this
    Jan

2. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Member

re:- printed data.

I keep all pages (or torn-off parts of pages) with data on and then either have a small bar-b-q on which I get rid of them, or, keep them to shred later at a friend or relatives.

The thought of accidentally picking up a beer tin with bleach in causes me some concern.

With ref to using a credit card at strange places or abroad - I don't. I get cash out in advance from an ATM (inc. no foreign charges) and then pay cash. I f I can't keep control of my card at all times, then I personally don't feel at all comfortable..

Papa

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

sauteed with a little milk,butter,salt and pepper.
    some of the most expensive meals i'v ever had.....:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. Floozie2

Floozie2 Read Only Funster

BBQ receipts for me too - adds a certain piquant flavour. As for internet banking, I'm a bit down on using a public computer or WiFi so I'm going back to good old telephoning if I need to do anything. I just do a balance check at an atm every once in a while to make sure my overdraft isn't too stretched!
    :Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

One of the first items we bought on arrival in the States was a cross cut shredder.:thumb:

6. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

In UK I use my Caravan Club visa card to gain points but overseas I mostly pay by cash as it saves any worries etc. :Eeek: