This weeks M/H lesson to be learned ! (1 Viewer)

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Never believe the fuel gauge, always always always fill up earlier than you think.

Yes I very nearly ran out of diesel today, still had a quarter of a tank left according to the gauge.
We went over to Manchester to see my step son and his girlfriend this weekend, took the van, there was plenty of fuel in, honest:Blush:, On our way back on the M62 I had a nagging feeling something was not quite right with the fuel gauge, surely our little beast had used more fuel than it seemed, so I made my mind up to get off the motorway at the next junction and find a garage, I knew there was one not far off the junction 23 so I headed there, came off the motorway, started to go down the hill towards Huddersfield and just as I saw the petrol station, the van started to splutter. I freewheeled across the forecourt and filled up. the gauge was stuck at quarter of a tank and only dropped down after I banged the dash.
Anyway, at least I now know that the gauge is iffy to go with the dodgy speedo, another thing to get sorted over the winter:ROFLMAO:

Every trip out brings a new adventure, I wonder how we will feel if everything goes to plan ever?:winky::winky::winky:
Still loving our van, still learning all about her foibles and idiosincrises and still believing things can only get better.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Wooo! That was a stroke of luck, fortunately you worked on your intuition:thumb: but I thought it was only women who had intuition.....:winky:

Bill & Margaret

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Personally, when we set out in our Beastie, or on holiday generally, I can't really settle until I find out what I've forgotten, cos there's always something!

Nearly came completely unstuck though this last holiday .... usually it's a can of deodorant, or clean knickers or something just as easily remedied.

Some of you know I'm a longstanding Type 1 diabetic and recently was lucky enough to have an insulin pump bestowed upon me. No responsibility at all really, carrying round £3,000 worth of sophisticated electronic gadgetry tucked into yer waistband 24/7 - and all the thing does is keep you alive, in fact hardly anything to concern you then. We live near Jct 3 of the M6.

Off we set to Dover and just before Jct 1 at Rugby I said, you'll have to come off and turn round - I've forgotten me pump!

Trouble is you get so used to it, you do literally just forget it's there. So why on earth would you miss it at first!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Personally, when we set out in our Beastie, or on holiday generally, I can't really settle until I find out what I've forgotten, cos there's always something!

Nearly came completely unstuck though this last holiday .... usually it's a can of deodorant, or clean knickers or something just as easily remedied.

Some of you know I'm a longstanding Type 1 diabetic and recently was lucky enough to have an insulin pump bestowed upon me. No responsibility at all really, carrying round £3,000 worth of sophisticated electronic gadgetry tucked into yer waistband 24/7 - and all the thing does is keep you alive, in fact hardly anything to concern you then. We live near Jct 3 of the M6.

Off we set to Dover and just before Jct 1 at Rugby I said, you'll have to come off and turn round - I've forgotten me pump!

Trouble is you get so used to it, you do literally just forget it's there. So why on earth would you miss it at first!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Jenny,
How are you getting on with it, My son and his wife are both type 1 and and she is having her pump fitted today.
John

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Jenny,
How are you getting on with it, My son and his wife are both type 1 and and she is having her pump fitted today.
John

If I were say - Yee Hah !! - Brilliant! - she'll love it! - does that give you a bit of a clue at all ?

:ROFLMAO:

You have PM, too !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back