Free Member
May 28, 2017
Togo
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
In 1983 I drove from England to Lomé
A return ticket to the UK. Now sat in Brussels airport feeling a bit Christmassy.
Apparently LHR have installed new scanners that detect any signs of sanity and turn it off on entry so that we ‘visitors’ can more easily fit back in.
Crazy times.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I had 2 of these delivered today, SL75 Sonnenschein Gel Leisure Battery 12V 75Ah, so I will be removing my drivers seat tomorrow and replacing the 2 Varta AGMs.

John.
Have your AGMs gone tits up? I have 2 Duracell AGMs in mine and we are over 2 years now.

Sorry read your other post.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Just about to fit one of these.

rear DVR.jpg

It's a digital video recorder that connects into the rear view camera system on your van and records like a dash-cam onto a SD card.

I had been looking around for a while for a weather proof dash-cam that could be practically fitted on the rear of our van spurred on after the MOT tester side swiped a wall in our van a few weeks ago and a conversation with a fellow Funster who had been prosecuted for allegedly unbeknown to him hitting a car with the overhang while turning and having no evidence to prove otherwise.

This device solved the problem of what to fit and where to fit a dash-cam on the rear by utilising the existing cameras on the back of our van.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Have your AGMs gone tits up? I have 2 Duracell AGMs in mine and we are over 2 years now.

Sorry read your other post.

Hi @jezport my AGMs are still fine but there’s that many scare stories on the forums about short lived AGMs and with having a compressor fridge and my CPAP machine I’ve bit the bullet and changed them to GELs.

John.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Just about to fit one of these.

View attachment 271807

It's a digital video recorder that connects into the rear view camera system on your van and records like a dash-cam onto a SD card.

I had been looking around for a while for a weather proof dash-cam that could be practically fitted on the rear of our van spurred on after the MOT tester side swiped a wall in our van a few weeks ago and a conversation with a fellow Funster who had been prosecuted for allegedly unbeknown to him hitting a car with the overhang while turning and having no evidence to prove otherwise.

This device solved the problem of what to fit and where to fit a dash-cam on the rear by utilising the existing cameras on the back of our van.
Interesting.
Could you post installation details please.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
Bought a capsule coffee maker a few weeks ago but have not been impressed with what it produces or the cost per cup of getting what I want from a coffee, so this little beauty arrived today. Much more tune-able as to my taste in coffee. Now to find the coffee beans that suit my taste.

View attachment 270603

I have used these ...I had one batch sent which I didn't like.. called them and they replaced it without a problem..
if you have people asking you what you want for Xmas/birthday... ask them to get you a subscription..
https://www.hasbean.co.uk/

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Interesting.
Could you post installation details please.

Hi Paul, will do.

I was looking to mount the unit behind the plastic casing in the drivers footwell as the camera cables have a connection there but there is already to much gubbins in there so I have decided to mount it in the cubby hole space under the steering column on the Peugeot.

This position under the steering column requires a couple of extension cable which I will order on Monday so it's unlikely that I will fit it before Christmas now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 57092

Deleted User
The AGM battery on our car died last week ,two and a half years old,car has done 18,000 miles ,replaced under warranty.
They didn’t seem surprised.

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Paul, will do.

I was looking to mount the unit behind the plastic casing in the drivers footwell as the camera cables have a connection there but there is already to much gubbins in there so I have decided to mount it in the cubby hole space under the steering column on the Peugeot.

This position under the steering column requires a couple of extension cable which I will order on Monday so it's unlikely that I will fit it before Christmas now.

Have you a link to where you got it from please

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Have you a link to where you got it from please

Hi @charliesgrandad , the recorder came from a Chinese seller on eBay. and the "Y" leads and extension leads are coming from https://www.reversingcamerasuk.com/

I bought my twin rear camera system which I have to say displays excellent images in both day and night modes from Chris at Reversing Cameras UK.

I'm using "Y" leads to piggyback the camera outputs as the recorder only has one output to a monitor which I will use if I need to check settings or playback footage on a separate monitor which I will use as and when needed.

I bought the 128Gb SD cards from https://www.mymemory.co.uk/integral-128gb-ultimapro-v30-premium-sd-card-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-100mb-s.html as I do not trust buying memory cards off eBay.

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Hi @charliesgrandad , the recorder came from a Chinese seller on eBay. and the "Y" leads and extension leads are coming from https://www.reversingcamerasuk.com/

I bought my twin rear camera system which I have to say displays excellent images in both day and night modes from Chris at Reversing Cameras UK.

I'm using "Y" leads to piggyback the camera outputs as the recorder only has one output to a monitor which I will use if I need to check settings or playback footage on a separate monitor which I will use as and when needed.

I bought the 128Gb SD cards from https://www.mymemory.co.uk/integral-128gb-ultimapro-v30-premium-sd-card-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-100mb-s.html as I do not trust buying memory cards off eBay.

Cheers Two on Tour,
Thanks for that I will look into it , it’s reassuring that you have researched it for your camera from Chris as that’s where I got mine from

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Damn expensive for a small piece of plastic.
20181215_174649.jpg

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Went out and bought a diesel Smartcar,, great around town but what a slug on the open road, goes up hills and sticks a 3000rpm on hills which is quite slow in mph fine on the level but has a hate for pimples in the road. maybe the petrol 1000 would have been better It does an awful high MPG but not MPH.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
As recommended by Trikeman..

7 inch Car Truck GPS SAT NAV satellite navigation System
Navigator XGODY 715 8GB

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
As you may remember, I am a keen supporter of Crowd Funding projects. I backed Cirrus about 18 months ago and started to think this one was never going to deliver; they have had enormous issues developing this device.

See campaign details here:

€916,610 EUR total funds raised
About £825,199 GBP
7634% funded on May 28, 2017

Anyway, I received a nice Christmas surprise yesterday, it finally arrived.

It claims to use 75% less water compared to a normal shower head. Additionally, it filters the incoming water and also infuses it using an aromatherapy fragrance capsule (in the middle of the filter - the yellow pod in the middle) - 6 different scents came with it and you can buy replacements online, along with replacement filters (I ordered 3 spares). Cost for the whole package to me as an early adopting backer was €109 (including €10 shipping).

It is wonderfully well made and has a button on the handle to stop the flow of water so that you can really conserve water.

I will install it today and see how it performs and let you all know.

IMG_0470.JPG

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As recommended by Trikeman..

7 inch Car Truck GPS SAT NAV satellite navigation System
Navigator XGODY 715 8GB

I would be interested in how you get on with the Xgody, as I’m thinking of getting one.
Cheers

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
I'll be taxing the van again in January and probably trying it out over a couple of weekends.. I'll get back to you.

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
This week I bought an.....
Air Quality Certificate level 2 (the top rated level for Euro 6 diesel motorhomes). It only cost a few euros but will assist greatly when the French (and others) start restricting access to places by emission levels

View attachment 269471
Just a hint to make sure you buy your vignette from the official government website - it should cost about 4 euros delivered to the UK. Link here: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
There are scam sites trying to sell these for upwards of 30 euros.

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
This week (well, last week actually) I bought a new campervan :xgrin:
Have so much storage I'm not sure what to do with it all, keep shuffling stuff from one cupboard to another. Am deciding where to go on my first trip out as have time off mid-January, can now be an FLB and make use of French aires as have all mod-cons!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back