Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I hate flies (especially ones that bite) zooming around the inside of the van like they own the place.

I bought this USB powered bug zapper from Amazon. Only arrived today - hopefully it will do the trick. £6.99 including delivery.

Paul

Bug Zapper (3).JPG

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Do you have a link to it please?

Hi

Sorry its taken me a while to reply, no power for the laptop on the site where we are.

The bug zapper I bought from Amazon seems to have disappeared already but there are hundreds more to choose from, all prices. Just search USB bug zapper.

This looks to be the same as the one I bought, costs a bit more though.

Our bug zapper had not actually killed a fly yet, perhaps word has got round in the fly community to keep away :)

Paul

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Bought for my wifes birthday Saturday by my Son .
A 1x Terabyte or (10 gigabytes) Hard Disc Drive , ( my son has put on 260 films of mine and his that we share) that should last us years ! Plus loads of Music he has put on there.
Plus a Vortex D Mini HD and Digital Audio Player. and some leads which all adds up to I can empty the few DVD's I have in the M/H. With all this I am struggling to get my head around all this Technology. Because I have asked ask my son several times how all this works I have my rollicksons (or Similar word) than I can remember!!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You have lost me..wish I understood it all..Busby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
This Sunday I bought my wife a Opal mounted on sIlver ring ,at antiques fair at Statham Barns which is about 2 miles off the A140 in Suffolk nice campsite various lots going on there if you are this way , best to check website.
Tony A

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I was using my wife's Gtech K9 in the MoHo and could clean right through the hab area and into the cab. The flexible head allowed me to vacuum between the cab seats, turn left and then right and clean the foot wells also. So, I bought the cheaper MKII Gtech AirRAM for the MoHo. It is compact, lightweight and with the telescopic handle, it fits nicely in the upper front wardrobe. I still have my 12v hand held cordless Black & Decker for the nooks and crannies. A bit extravagant I know, but I like a clean Moho and this machine will do the job in two minutes. Also, I can gift it to my son as a house warming present. Only because he asked me why I had bought another one so I told him it was for him when he eventually bu99ers off and I was only breaking it.;) (y)

Bill and Tracey

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK2000
Exp
3 years on a STEEP learning curve
A set of trailer lights. Got a built-in bike rack and didn't realize how much it is obscures the rear lights until a friendly plod told me. And a bike inner tube which when cut in half will make a handy hose for filling up from stand pipes and the like.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After advice from members ( mainly @Techno :) ) I visited Jessops today
Bought a Nikon D7200 body, and a Nikon 18-300 lens ( plus a few other bits and bobs.... )
I think I should have gone to Poundland....................... would have been MUCH cheaper LOL !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ohhh.. and the new 900 x 600 Remis roof vent arrived. Talk about well packed for delivery
It was double bubble wrapped inside the box, then the bax was in two pallets that had been used to make a sort of crate
Took two of us to get it off the lorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In 30 days I get £150 cash back on the lens and £240 on the body :)
Chucked in a UV filter, and gave me 30% off a new bag.. Oh , and chucked in a car charger to :)

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Installed garmin770 with sun shield and the bc30 back up camera, fitted low down. It is easier to view on the sat nav rather than keep looking in the middle of the van, especially when the sun shines on the radio unit

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Pigeon spikes to stop the incontinent pigeons from perching on the edge of the roof and crapping down the van sides and ruining the paintwork.

View attachment 235116

I've glued plastic-coated magnets to the strips of spikes to hold them to the roof. Will obviously remove spikes before travelling.

Well the long-term review is that they worked: no more pigeon crap on the van. The bad news is that they are now crapping on the car instead :-(

To begin with a couple got knocked off by the miscreant birds (note to self: use stronger magnets next time), but they soon learnt. As Corporal Jones might have said, they don't like the cold steel up 'em, sir.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
This week we managed to get something done we have been trying to get done for the past 18 months, our 7 year old batteries were failing on our Shwinn power assist bikes and we had been quoted £600 each if they could be bought.
Anyway by huge coincidence we were parked on Shell Island and was chatting to the guy in the next van and got talking about electric bike batteries, he took photos sent them to a friend and this week picked them up completely rebuilt with new chargers £245 each bargain we now have more power than ever a 50 mile travel distance totally responsive power. Very pleased to have our bikes up and running again on full power.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
As we only have 5 bikes between the two of us ( 2 e bikes, 2 Bromptons and an ancient Raleigh in black) we thought we would get a couple of hybrid / city bikes. The plan is to get a dog trailer so we can take our Beagle along for a ride.
While we were picking the bikes up, we saw a Tandem. Neither of us had ridden one before, so we had a go. Great fun, we are picking the tandem up in a couple of weeks.
Need to sell a few bikes now......

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
So, dog trailer ordered, on its way from Germany and bought a bike rack for the car from Decathlon. Got a tow bar for the van ( it weighs 60kg!!!) and fitted that today, and an Altea Strada 2 bike rack to mount on the tow ball.
Bloody expensive this cycling!
I draw the line at anything Lycra though.....

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
After advice from members ( mainly @Techno :) ) I visited Jessops today
Bought a Nikon D7200 body, and a Nikon 18-300 lens ( plus a few other bits and bobs.... )
I think I should have gone to Poundland....................... would have been MUCH cheaper LOL !
I've got two Nikon D7000 bodies which I bought 4 years ago as I was toying with going self employed again.
Absolutely fantastic cameras. I've had photos enlarged to 48" x 36" for a client and was blown away by the quality.
Back in pre-digital days I had a Bronica ETRS and the quality was not nearly as good.
Enjoy your camera I'm sure you'll love it(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back