THIS week I bought (8 Viewers)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just paid £45 for a wild long weekend with the Funsters at the Peterborough Motor Home show.
Lets hope it doesnt rain the whole weekend otherwise we wont get out of the beer tent :):)
Les

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s cold miserable and snowing but today we collect our very first MH, on way now to Webb’s in Reading for our 2hr handover and then spend the whole weekend playing and learning
Good choice of van too ....not that I'm biased of course :)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Another MH.

We sold our first one about 6 months ago after 4 years of happy camping and have bought a newer one ready for the warmer weather. After months of looking at adverts we spent a day out at Poitiers a couple of weeks ago to look at some in the metal and then had last weekend in Bordeaux looking at some more. Eventually settled on a Burstner T-Star as it had everything we wanted in the layout, within budget (well, almost), and indecent nick for its age.

Just sorted the bank transfer payment out and insurance and booked the train tickets to pick it up in two weeks time.

Is that one word or two as the old lady said to her new husband? :LOL:

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
A HUAWEI MiFi thing. Can’t wait to use it but still need a SIM card in order to do so. Wife says I’ll have to wait a short while because I’ve got to buy a new wheel trim to replace the one I damaged with my car trailer !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
A Dab Radio adaptor. The FM reception is s bit variable in The Fiat 500 we usecas a toad. I think there is an aerial problem. I considered changing the radio but it is the integral type, and a different headset would not have looked right. Also, we didn’t want to lose the steering wheel controls, excellent Bluetooth, telephone connectivity etc. I was a bit sceptical but for less than £70 we bought and installed this Dab Radio adaptor. It just plugs into the aux socket on the radio and works a treat!
Nextbase Adapt DAB250 In-car DAB+ DAB Digital Radio with FM Digital Audio Adapter (Includes Fitting Kit, Cables & Active Antenna) Amazon product ASIN B0779GF8D8
Same model in Halfords is £99

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
A universal sat nav holder for my phone to go on the scooter.
Had enough of stopping and getting the phone out of my pocket to see if i am going in the right direction

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Bought this today in Poundworld:

Only £3 - Halfords sell a similar green collapsible bowl for £15.

HPIM0945.JPG

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Poundland .... shouldn't you get 3 bowls for £3?:rolleyes:

Hahaha. I thought I had found a bargain ... :oops:

Actually Poundland is in the same Emersons Green retail park as Poundworld, and until recently they were having a price war, with Poundland cutting their prices to 90p across the whole store. Now they are back to £1.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
7.3 litres of lpg :ROFLMAO:... to top up my underslung tank...
Mind you two of the local garages were out of stock.
Stephen, I try to get mine at the Flogas Depot, P/boro, when passing. (y)

With all these Ruskies being expelled, Putin may shut the valve on the gas pipe, so going to Flogas may become a thing of the past. :eek: ............. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Stephen, I try to get mine at the Flogas Depot, P/boro, when passing. (y)
Thanks, might be useful to know... tried my usual place in Bourne, no luck, then at the roundabout at Glinton, then to the Shell Northmead - they don't have it signed, so I wonder if that is why they have stock? 59.9p
Flogas have a warning on their website about low stocks & problems supplying.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks, might be useful to know... tried my usual place in Bourne, no luck, then at the roundabout at Glinton, then to the Shell Northmead - they don't have it signed, so I wonder if that is why they have stock? 59.9p
Flogas have a warning on their website about low stocks & problems supplying.
Thanks Stephen. (y) The Jet garage in Werrington village does Autogas...............or it did when I last went some time ago. I'll keep Northmead in mind, if no joy at Flogas.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
18.8 litres of LPG.. asked the guy at the Calor depot what the problem was .. he had no idea but said their stock levels were low too

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
A universal sat nav holder for my phone to go on the scooter.
Had enough of stopping and getting the phone out of my pocket to see if i am going in the right direction
I use earphones and leave the sat nag (on iPhone) in my pocket as I ride.

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
We've spent a wet Tuesday afternoon shopping at a local town. Little Wife wanted some new cutlery for the MH we are due to collect next week. So, being from Yorkshire we naturally headed for a shop called Action that is basically a Dutch owned chain of stores that sells tat at a lot less than other tat shops. While we were in I saw a quilt that would be better than the double sleeping bag we used in the old van. The bed size of the new van is 200 x 140 so naturally I thought that size would do. But, not according to Little Wife who argued that we needed a larger one and the extra spare quilt could easily be accommodated. "Spare quilt?" says I. "What is spare quilt?" Then I realised that she was talking about the large part of the quilt that hangs over her side of the bed while I am barely covered on my side. Doesn't really matter whether we get a 200 x 140 or a 200 x 200 I'll still be shivering my nuts off :(

Then we spotted a folding camping table at €25, measuring 120 x 75, and solid as a rock when erected. I know this because I had an erection whilst in the shop. :eek:

And then, as if things could not get any better I found a Michelin Guide to Camping Car Aires in the supermarket (y)

If things carry on spending at this rate we won't be able to afford the van by a week on Friday :D

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
s-l1600.jpg

£4.94 inc P and p (weeks delivery) connects under wing mirror. E bay. Several different varieties deependant upon scooter. search phone holder scooter. This one is 1Pcs Motorbike Bicycle Waterproof Universal Phone Mount Scooter Holder

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
s-l1600.jpg

£4.94 inc P and p (weeks delivery) connects under wing mirror. E bay. Several different varieties deependant upon scooter. search phone holder scooter. This one is 1Pcs Motorbike Bicycle Waterproof Universal Phone Mount Scooter Holder
That looks the business ...cant use eBay just now sadly cause I'm in Spain with no address :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back