Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I love Boyes stores ... if we can't get sewing stuff or obscure household stuff etc anywhere else I know they'll have it ... I love having a mooch round their shops! :D

We got our last lot of mattress toppers from them and they are the best we've ever had and weren't expensive at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A 'technical' question for all those who frequent Boyes stores ... when you've been and bought something there and get asked afterwards by someone where you got said item would you say "I got it from Boyes" or "I got it from Boyes' (pronounced Boyses)" ... for me it's the latter but for hubby it's the former ... so do you refer to it as Boyes or a Boyes' ???

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
A 'technical' question for all those who frequent Boyes stores ... when you've been and bought something there and get asked afterwards by someone where you got said item would you say "I got it from Boyes" or "I got it from Boyes' (pronounced Boyses)" ... for me it's the latter but for hubby it's the former ... so do you refer to it as Boyes or a Boyes' ???
We use the latter, J say 'posh folk' say Boyers. Aren't we lucky to have a choice of stores nearby.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
My gas hob gave up, but after being used more/less every day for years it’s not surprising.
I was thinking I would have to clean it but then found one of the burners was rotted thru!
So this is what I bought-
9BB2CD49-7717-4105-A5BE-557541929E2B.jpeg

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hi, just a curio point, that hob is more or less the same as ours, but ours has a water drain in the rear right hand corner, would you mind telling me where you brought it and how much please ?

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
ED2C54AC-1029-4C24-AB2F-8C56B629E1D3.png 9A92FB3D-0E78-4B0A-9073-A711AA447578.png 83C01DC8-92D8-4E53-93CF-686E693B67FF.png
Hi all. Bought a sky dish and lnb. Lovely Sky won’t work on pitched roofs. Elf and safety. A transponder in the lnb has failed, 4 x HD sports channels pixelating so I’ll replace it myself out of the back bedroom window. The bracket has the same footprint as the original so a straight swap.
A new gas poker for the charcoal bbq so I’ll have one at home and one in the Moho.
An awning shade. Let’s hope we get some bl**din’ sun this year.
Happy new season everyone (and full-timers). Mike

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi, just a curio point, that hob is more or less the same as ours, but ours has a water drain in the rear right hand corner, would you mind telling me where you brought it and how much please ?

We bought it from
http://www.busmonkeysshop.co.uk/smev-8023-dometic-pi8023-hob-619-p.asp
The one shows the plug- which ours did have, but we never used anyway- but it doesn’t have plug hole, that’s the PI8063 but that was a lot dearer.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
As Manic (my hubby) says the one to replace the hob with a drain plug was over £300. This one was a lot cheaper.
As I think I’ve probably only used the drain about 2 or 3 times in all the years we’ve had the van I didn’t think it was needed.
It’s lovely to use-used first time tonight-lights a lot quicker and the trivets are enamelled black-very smart, all I’ve got to do now is keep it clean!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
As Manic (my hubby) says the one to replace the hob with a drain plug was over £300. This one was a lot cheaper.
As I think I’ve probably only used the drain about 2 or 3 times in all the years we’ve had the van I didn’t think it was needed.
It’s lovely to use-used first time tonight-lights a lot quicker and the trivets are enamelled black-very smart, all I’ve got to do now is keep it clean!
The drain hole in the hob is connected to those of the adjacent sinks/drainers.
I hope you've remembered to blank off the drain pipe that you are not using from the hob, otherwise you may end up with a leak and subsequent damp, as a result of run back from the sink/drainer drain pipes. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The drain hole in the hob is connected to those of the adjacent sinks/drainers.
I hope you've remembered to blank off the drain pipe that you are not using from the hob, otherwise you may end up with a leak and subsequent damp, as a result of run back from the sink/drainer drain pipes. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Yes, I did remember to blank it off, cheers

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Went to the NEC show and brought some nice white mirror guards.
Now just need the Van to put them on.
Roll on September.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
We bought it from
http://www.busmonkeysshop.co.uk/smev-8023-dometic-pi8023-hob-619-p.asp
The one shows the plug- which ours did have, but we never used anyway- but it doesn’t have plug hole, that’s the PI8063 but that was a lot dearer.
Many thanks manic, as I said purely a query as we have the same, there is no problem as such with ours, but the previous owners used the glass top as a chopping/cutting board, but looking at the replacement price, I’m getting used to ours (LOL)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Many thanks manic, as I said purely a query as we have the same, there is no problem as such with ours, but the previous owners used the glass top as a chopping/cutting board, but looking at the replacement price, I’m getting used to ours (LOL)

You can buy just the glass, we had to buy a new unit because it had rusted under the burner.
If you join the Facebook Hymer owners group (hog) you get a discount from this company.
https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/g...arts/dometic-smev-pi8063-hob-glass-coverblack

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
February is an expensive month for us.
Car Insurance due £255
MoHo insurance + recovery £613
MoHo tax £165
MoHo intermediate engine service + Alko axle lube + 1st MOT (passed despite KPH speedo and continental headlights :)) £324
Hab service + damp check £366
Plus I purchased a new NextBase dash cam + fitting £309
Total £2032..........ouch! :(:(

Any donations gratefully received. ;)

Richard.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Just off to the NEC, Will let you know later. :)
Just off to the NEC, Will let you know later. :)
Back from the NEC. I thought the show was not vary good. Far fewer stalls around the perimeter.
Spent £32 on a Truma gas level checker. £71to£79. on EBAY. So a good buy. I would recommend Truma A good buy at the show. 50% off

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Went To NEC, as said seemed to be fewer shops around the perimeter, and not many retailers were happy with the show sales results thus far. I think the costs for being there for many retailers is becoming far too expensive, especially true when I found out (allegedly) that Oyster Satellite Systems paid over 32K for their stand at the show...for the week!!!
Many of the stands are only there to display their products and point you to one of their approved suppliers to get the item., even for small items such as a radio head unit(bit naive on my part)
We did get a good deal on a new CMC Avtex/Garmin Camper Sat Nav, so didn't quite getaway without spending anything, but happy. Fish & Chips on the way home, magic!:)
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back