THIS week I bought (6 Viewers)

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We keep losing bottle openers so while I was fiddling about on the website - as you do - I thought I'd have a look. Wow some are soooo rude:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Ended up sending for a really cheap one which is a fridge magnet. If hubby follows my mantra "don't put it down, put it away" we should be okay until I can find a better bottle opener - something classy not vulgar:LOL:

QuantumX

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
Hmmm as we actually get our motorhome Thursday (16th Nov).

Basically i have bought everything we need this week for the MH that can be left in there, so crockery, cutlery, etc, also TV and many bits and bobs, bedding etc...

So all in all WAYYY to much spent this week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have MH stocked with everything doubled up on house stuff - toothbrushes, shampoo, herbs, and 3 sets of bedding(John Lewis of course - can't afford Harrods). We obviously take clothes out to launder, but that is all we have to remember to load.

Geoff

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I took a punt and bought one of those off the interweb earlier this year (the big one). Cindy mocked me for doing so, said it would just be another gadget we won’t use, then called me a colloquial name, which starts with a ‘D’ and ends in ‘head’, for doing so.

How wrong she was, we use it quite regularly for a variety of things like soup, curry, chilli, cassoulet, stews etc. Although it can apparently do much more...

That’s why, recognising how valuable it would be, your beloved called you a Discerning Head

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hmmm as we actually get our motorhome Thursday (16th Nov).

Basically i have bought everything we need this week for the MH that can be left in there, so crockery, cutlery, etc, also TV and many bits and bobs, bedding etc...

So all in all WAYYY to much spent this week.
Good luck with th pick up and-congratulations don’t forget to ask lots of questions when they do the handover and write it down!!
Ask on here if you need help and post photos we are a nosey but friendly lot!!!
NMC !!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
6 new tyres ...opted for nexen roadian ct8 commercials 120/121 load which is higher than the Michelin camper tyres and a lot cheaper

6 fully fitted balanced etc £530 at Ats
Full major service and habitation service next month

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
From eBay for £13, a rechargeable 50,000 mah USB powerpack with two USB outputs and a built in LED torch. Solar panel for top up charging.

Water resistant too. The little compass is shit but I'm not that bothered.

Seems like a handy outdoorsy gadget to me.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
This week I bought.................

An emergency filling, an X-Ray, and an extraction for Rita. :eek:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I'm all heart you know. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
A gel patch to stick on the Moho body in front of the tow ball

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
a fixing bracket assy thingy so i can fit the table outside the moho for when its...........wait for it...................................sunny:whistle:......i know, optimism eh?

(which incidentally the dealer said you cant have folding flyscreen and the external table mounting point, only one or the other, so we had the flyscreen thingy, but being an engineery type bod, i will have both, i will.............)

and some threaded inserts and crap too

all of which havent arrived in time to fit it over the weekend:( think ebay, and think courier = 'other'
so delivery anytime before xmas:rolleyes:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Perhaps a "Funny" was not really apt in this case Jock ... I hope Rita is is ok and you are both in fine form.(y)
You're okay Brian, ie, the "Funny" was very much apt, as Rita is doing fine thanks, with the help of paracetamol and tepid drinks. (y)
We are both in fine form thanks Brian, and hope that you and Joyce are enjoying the same health. (y)
Any chance of getting together before 6th January?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Last edited:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Given we have no spare wheel, having to rely on pump & gunk instead, just ordered one of these new fangled TyrePal Solar systems with the colour screen...

https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/solar-colour/

Note the TyrePal discount code recently highlighted on this site wasn’t accepted on the above when I pre-ordered (because it’s already discounted I guess?).

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Screwfix Direct, no jokes please :LOL:. Oil filled rad for the motorhome, it's that time of the year again :(.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Some new rear tyres for the camper - Continental Vanco Four Season M&S - £105 each delivered! (y)

Hubby picked up a new 'Chillmax pillow' for £1 - it's a cooling pad the size of a pillow but only about 1cm thick that has gel inside and it draws the heat out of your when you're hot - got it for our Romy (dog) as she gets warm in the camper so it will be lovely and cool for her to lay on. It can also be used for sprains etc to reduce swelling - I had the original 'Chillow' version about 11 years ago which you put water in and that worked really, really well when I was having hot flushes, but these gel ones are much better ... there are quite a few different makes on the market to choose from now.

upload_2017-11-24_0-36-50.jpeg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back