This time next week

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by darklord, Sep 7, 2012.

1. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

we will be looking for somewhere to park up on the western side of france. we intended to mosey on down to Portugal, but we may not get there, depending on what distracts us on the way:BigGrin:. We are on a sort of, "point it that way, and see where we end up" trip, it will be our first time stopping in France, so need to look around a bit and try out the aires etc, but we just want to "chillax" as the grandchildren say:RollEyes:, so could end up anywhere.
    Anyone else out there spots us (two stickers in screen), yer welcome to a cuppa or a glass on wine:BigGrin:.

Oh, by the by, whats the cost of fuel at the moment out there?

2. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

A couple of weeks ago diesel was in the 1.50ish Euro range on the Autoroutes and anything up to 20 cents cheaper elsewhere, as always.

Re W Coast stopovers - Parc Puy du Fou (Les Eppesses) and Parc Futuroscope (North of Poitiers) both have huge aires attached. Both theme parks are worth a visit although you're not obliged to if you park there.

In the Biarritz area you've got aires at Biarritz Ave Milady (packed in like sardines) or the more open one behind the beach at Anglet. I think the La Barre aire by the River Adour shuts after August, which is a shame as I like it the best of the three. There's also a small aire at Hendaye by the railway station, close to the Spanish border. Trains go to St Jean de Lutz nearby.

If you mean the actual west coast, there's La Rochelle Park n Ride, three aires on Ile d'Oleron, five on Ile de Re, Lacanau-Ocean Le Huga, Bisacarrosse-Plage, and a few other coastal aires between there and Biarritz

3. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Thanks, i,ll add them to the list, we are looking forward to it.:thumb:

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

add to your list

Mimizan Plage..

huge aire behind the sand dunes with 15A EHU , walking distance to local shops..
    44.20522,-1.297401
    also

Capbretan,
    another large aire right on the beach with EHU
    43.668887,-1.438714

See on my Google map
    plenty more all down that coast, have a great trip

• Like Like x 1